absoluteBLACK Premium Oval Shimano 4 Bolt Outer Chainring DA9100 & R8000
The absoluteBLACK Premium Oval Chainring is the perfect addition to your set up to help improve your pedalling efficiency. Compatible with four-bolt Shimano DA9100 and R8000 chainsets, this outer chainring brings consistency to the pedal stroke by helping to eliminate the dead spot.
The bespoke six-point ramp and recess shifting design helps the chain to move between chainrings with ease, while the 5mm construction provides great stiffness. The oval shape is laid out to provide a maximum radius at the strongest part of the pedal stroke, with a smaller radius at the dead-spot. This layout provides a consistent pedal stroke, where the oval chainrings are not noticeable.
Further benefits include a lower chance of incurring knee pain due to lower stress on the legs when at their weakest point in the revolution. Promoting a higher cadence, especially when climbing, the chainring also helps provide the rider with fresher legs for longer.
absoluteBLACK's size recommendations
- 50T outer chainring – Choose this size if you ride for pleasure or sportive events. This is the most versatile and comfortable size
- 52T outer chainring - if you race and feel strong, it's the classic outer chainring size and a great option for experienced riders
- 53T outer chainring - if you race and feel very strong, it's the classic outer chainring size and a great option for powerful riders
- Ramps on big rings are specially configured for combinations: 50/34, 52/36, 52/38, 53/39T
- Other configurations will also work, but shifting will be slower and may require more adjustments of front derailleur
- Shimano recommends a maximum 16T difference between two chainrings
- Compatibility: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, R9150 Di2 and Ultegra 8000, R8050 Di2
- They can also retrofit 9000 and 6800 cranks but use bolt covers for best appearance
- 10 / 11 / 12 speed compatible
- Material & Finish: CNC machined 7075 Txxx Aluminium. Long-lasting construction. Type II anodizing
- One of a kind special oval shape that helps you climb easier and faster
- Over 15% stiffer than Rotor Qrings due to thicker, 5mm construction
- Bespoke absoluteBLACK 6 point ramp and recess shifting design shifts better than any other brand and model of oval chainring
- Finest design that provides excellent strength to weight ratio
- Oval shape cannot be felt while pedalling
- Pedalling action feels smoother
- Helps to reduce stress on knees, keeping legs fresher for longer
- Helps to maintain better cadence while climbing
- Reduces the possibility of leg cramps
- Typically reduces the requirement for Chainring/cog shifts by at least 15%
- Weight: 50T (120g), 52T (137g), 53T(139g)
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.