absoluteBLACK Premium Oval Shimano 4 Bolt Outer Chainring DA9100 & R8000
The absoluteBLACK Premium Oval Chainring is the perfect addition to your set up to help improve your pedalling efficiency. Compatible with four bolt Shimano DA9100 and R8000 chainsets, this outer chainring brings consistency to the pedal stroke by helping to eliminate the dead spot.
The bespoke six-point ramp and recess shifting design helps the chain to move between chainrings with ease, while the 5mm construction provides great stiffness. The oval shape is laid out to provide a maximum radius at the strongest part of the pedal stroke, with a smaller radius at the dead-spot. This layout provides a consistent pedal stroke, where the oval chainrings are not noticeable.
Further benefits include a lower chance of incurring knee pain due to lower stress on the legs when at their weakest point in the revolution. Promoting a higher cadence, especially when climbing, the chainring also helps provide the rider with fresher legs for longer.
absoluteBLACK's size recommendations:
- 50T outer chainring – Choose this size if you ride for pleasure or sportive events. This is the most versatile and comfortable size.
- 52T outer chainring - if you race and feel strong, it's the classic outer chainring size and a great option for experienced riders.
- 53T outer chainring - if you race and feel very strong, it's the classic outer chainring size and a great option for powerful riders.
- Ramps on big rings are specially configured for combinations: 50/34, 52/36, 52/38, 53/39T
- Other configurations will also work, but shifting will be slower and may require more adjustments of front derailleur.
- Shimano recommend a maximum 16T difference between two chainrings.
- Compatibility: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, R9150 Di2 and Ultegra 8000, R8050 Di2
- They can also retrofit 9000 and 6800 cranks but use bolt covers for best appearance
- 10 / 11 / 12 speed compatible
- Material & Finish: CNC machined 7075 Txxx Aluminium. Long-lasting construction. Type II anodizing
- One of a kind special oval shape that helps you climb easier and faster
- Over 15% stiffer than Rotor Qrings due to thicker, 5mm construction
- Bespoke absoluteBLACK 6 point ramp and recess shifting design shifts better than any other brand and model of oval chainring
- Finest design that provides excellent strength to weight ratio
- Oval shape cannot be felt while pedalling
- Pedalling action feels smoother
- Helps to reduce stress on knees, keeping legs fresher for longer
- Helps to maintain better cadence while climbing
- Reduces the possibility of leg cramps
- Typically reduces the requirement for Chainring/cog shifts by at least 15%
- Weight: 50T (120g), 52T (137g), 53T(139g)
PRODUCT REF: ROV9100-4BK
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more