Coronavirus - A message from Ian Whittingham and Jason Turner, the founders of Sigma Sports
Dear Valued Customer,
From Thursday 5th November until the 2nd December, Sigma Sports are implementing the following restrictions to our stores in reaction to the second lockdown, to continue keeping our stores safe and clean for you and our staff. The wellbeing of our customers and employees is of huge importance to us, whilst also doing our utmost to deliver the best possible experience when shopping with us.
We also remain committed to the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness and have strengthened our procedures in this area to minimise the spread of coronavirus.
Respecting social distancing and avoiding the risk of contact
Whilst the emphasis is still to maintain correct social distancing wherever possible - and to avoid any possible contact with anyone who may have coronavirus - we have had to introduce a number of new procedures to the stores, as well as some restrictions on normal services. With customers visiting our stores for a number of different reasons we are speaking with every customer on arrival so that we can guide you accordingly. We ask that you remain patient during this time and allow our staff to help you as quickly as possible.
The law now states that all staff and customers in any retail outlet must wear a suitable face covering. If you have forgotten your mask we can supply one in-store in exchange for a £1 contribution to World Bicycle Relief.
The services we will offer through Lockdown are as follows:
Bike sale consultations: These continue to be by appointment only. Appointments are one hour long and allow us to identify the correct style and model of bike, as well as the size and initial set-up position. Appointments are now strictly for one person only. We will be running up to five consultations simultaneously at one time. To book a consultation please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clothing, helmet, shoe and eyewear consultations: We are reintroducing first-floor purchasing by appointment only. Appointments are strictly for one person only. We will be running up to three consultations simultaneously at one time. Clothing that has been tried on will be quarantined for 24 hours. To book a consultation please email email@example.com.
- Reserve and collect: For all items, simply place your order online and we will contact you to confirm when your order is ready for collection. We will have one member of staff dedicated to a till point to process these orders for you. If your order contains clothing, helmets, shoes or eyewear and you wish to try them on in-store, you'll need to book an appointment. See above.
- Ground floor essential purchases: If you require essentials such as saddles and saddlebags, tyres, tubes, lights, cleaning products, tools, energy food etc from our ground floor, we are allowing a maximum of three customers at any one time. We encourage and ask you to travel alone and will only allow a maximum of two people from one household.
- General Browsing: Unfortunately we are unable to allow general browsing at this time. Please visit the store only if you have an essential purchase to make.
- Bike Fitting: Our bike fitting service is currently suspended. To book an appointment for December, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or on our bike fitting page.
- Workshop: For all workshop enquiries, please email email@example.com.
- Payments: These are by card only.
Thank you for your continued support and patience in these challenging times.