Chris King R45D Centerlock 142 x 12mm Thru Axle Shimano Disc Rear Hub
Chris King has been making precision parts for bicycles for over forty years, and is synonymous with long-lasting quality within the cycling world. The R45D CL 142x12mm Thru Axle Ceramic Shimano Disc Rear Hub continues this pursuit of excellence.
The heart of any hub is its bearings, and the R45 hub runs on ceramic bearings in surgical grade steel races for a frictionless, fast-spinning feel. The races themselves are machined using tools that are of equal levels of wear so that they produce perfectly matched inner and outer races, thus reducing potential friction as far as possible. Whereas a typical rear hub will have three or maybe five pawls in the freehub that engage to provide forward motion, the Chris King R45 hubs have 45 points of simultaneous engagement giving instant pickup and power delivery, whilst also spreading the load for greater strength and durability.
In keeping with the Chris King ethos of sustainability, the hubs are fully serviceable, convertible to 135mmx 10mm quick release and come with a five-year warranty.
- Engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland, Oregon USA
- Legendary made-in-house bearings
- Five year built-to-last warranty
- Patented RingDrive™ system with 45 simultaneously engaged points of contact for virtually drag free engagement
- Easily convertible axles 135mm x 10mm QR or 142mm x 12mm thru axle rear
- Easily serviceable and completely re-buildable with our R45 Hub Service Tool
- Lockring is sold separately (PHB355) and is required for rotor installation on rear hub
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.