Sigma Sports Ltd acts as the data controller for Sigma Sports, Universal Colours and Vel. 'Universal Colours' and 'Vel' are trademarks owned and operated by Sigma Sports Ltd. All data obtained through activities associated with the aforementioned brands are controlled and managed by Sigma Sports Ltd in accordance with the UK General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Act 2018.
Our products and services are aimed at those aged 18 and over.
If you have questions about how we use your data or what we do to protect your privacy, please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Data Protection Officer
Sigma Sports Limited
St Johns Place
37-43 High Street
Kingston upon Thames
If you are unhappy with our response you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
European Representative under Article 27 of GDPR
We have appointed EU Rep as our Representative under Article 27 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). All GDPR queries from EU Data Subjects or Data Protection authorities should be addressed to email@example.com. BizLegal Ltd trading as EU Rep has its registered office at 27 Cork Road, Middleton Co. Cork, Ireland. Company number 635921.
For all of our services & brands, the data controller is Sigma Sports Limited.
- How we use your information
- Email marketing
- Sharing your information
- Links to third-party websites
- Retaining your information
- Your rights
- Countries outside of the European Union
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Online advertising
How we use your information
When you shop or contact us whether Online, in-store, through our Customer Care Team or provide your CV to apply to join our team, you may need to provide personal details so that we can fulfil your order, request or application. This consent is our legal basis for processing.
|Type of information||How we use it|
|Name, address, telephone number and email address||
To deliver your order.
To take payment and give refunds where necessary.
Once you have placed an order with us, we’ll keep hold of the following information:
Type of information
|How we use it|
|Your purchase history, browsing history and saved items||
To fulfil your orders, provide customer service and
|Your contact history with us||
To provide you with customer service and support.
You also have the option of providing the following further information:
Type of information
|How we use it|
|Your gender, date of birth and interests||
To find out what you like and send tailored emails if you opt-in.
|Your preferred country||
So that we can send you products and offers that are available in your country if you opt-in.
To help us better understand our customers’ needs and preferences.
To acknowledge receipt of your entry, and notify you of results.
When you use our website/app, we will also collect the following information:
Type of information
|How we use it|
|Your device IP address||
To set your default options such as currency and language.
|The type of device you are using to access our website||
To improve your shopping experience by displaying our website in the best way for your device.
When you place an order with us for the first time, we pursue our Legitimate Interests by utilising the “soft opt-in” to send you marketing emails of similar products and services if you do not opt-out. You can opt-out at this point and with every marketing email thereafter.
Type of information
|How we use it|
To send you marketing emails of similar products and services if you do not opt-out.
Our Stores are monitored by CCTV and record images for the purposes of security and health and safety, this is stored at each store location.
We will also use most of the above data for our own internal analysis and share it with selected 3rd parties to help us better understand our customer's behaviour, performance and usage of our websites/apps. We do this to improve the relevance and provide you with a better shopping experience.
To help you get the most out of our emails, you have the option of telling us a bit more about yourself. By letting us know details like your age, gender and interests, we are able to send you more relevant email content. You are not obliged to do this, and you can update your preferences within your customer account at any time. Then we’ll send you a few emails each week keeping you up-to-date with news of our latest products, offers and in-store events.
If you’ve bought from us, we may use this information to send you emails about similar products or services that may be of interest to you. Some emails that we send will be based on actions that you take on our website/app, for example buying or viewing a specific product. We do this to enhance your shopping experience, and to help you find products that we think may be useful to you.
You can opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by:
- Clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our marketing emails
- Updating your email preferences within your customer account
- Contacting our customer care team
If you opt out of receiving marketing emails, you will still receive important order and delivery information by email.
Sharing your information
We will never sell, distribute or lease your data to any third party. In order to fulfil orders and provide you and other customers with a highly personal level of service, we do share your data with the following data controllers:
- Our delivery companies - Royal Mail, DPD, TNT and DHL
- Judopay, our payment service provider
- Global-e, who we use to process international orders
- Trustpilot, who we use to collect customer service reviews (see below)
- Bazaarvoice, who we use to collect product reviews (see below)
- Facebook, Instagram and Google Display Network for targeted anonymised advertising
- V12 Retail Finance, who we use to offer our customers finance payment plans
- Brands we stock who offer warranty on their products (in the event that you need to claim on the warranty)
- Companies that administer the Cycle to Work Scheme, allowing you to save on the costs of a bike by purchasing it through your employer
- Marketing and advertising agencies who we work with to run our business
- uSizy - provides an anonymous size suggestion based on measurements input by the user
- Hotjar - To help us further understand our Website’s visitors
We may upon review and taking into consideration your privacy, also disclose your personal data to the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities if requested to do so.
In the event that we were to sell our business or assets, your personal data may be disclosed to any prospective/actual purchaser and/or their advisers.
To help provide our customers with a fair and transparent shopping experience, we have partnered with two online review platforms: Trustpilot and Bazaarvoice. Following a purchase, we will securely transfer your email address to these companies who will then use this information only for the purposes of inviting you to leave a review.
Here’s how they work:
Within 24 hours of placing your order, you’ll receive an email from us via Trustpilot inviting you to leave a review of your shopping experience. To leave a review you’ll need to create an account on Trustpilot. To edit or remove a review you have written, you will need to contact Trustpilot directly.
Around 2 weeks after receiving your product, we may send you an email inviting you to review and rate the product that you purchased.
Once submitted, it usually takes 72 hours for your review, question or answer to appear on the website/app providing it adheres to our publishing guidelines. Your review can be submitted anonymously or if you prefer you can leave a ratings only review. To edit or remove a review you have written, please contact us.
Links to third-party websites
Retaining your information
We will keep your personal information for as long as you have a customer account with us. This helps us to provide you with fast, efficient service, from checkout to delivery, each and every time you shop with us.
We encourage you to keep your information up-to-date, and you can do this easily at any time within your customer account, or by contacting us.
When it comes to your personal information, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about how we use your information
- The right to access any information we hold about you
- The right to correct any inaccurate information that we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete information that we hold about you
- The right to access your information in such a way so that it can easily be transferred from one environment to another in a safe and secure way
- The right to object to, and opt-out of our email marketing at any time
We will always ensure that our services are made available to you in a way that makes it easy for you to exercise any of these rights, at any time.
Countries outside of the European Union
In order to fulfil international orders, some data will be passed on to companies within our delivery network that operate outside of the European Economic Area. As with all of our data transfers, this is carried out in a secure way and only the information needed to fulfil your order (e.g. name, contact details, postal address) will be provided.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
What are Cookies and Similar Technologies?
A cookie is a small text file that asks permission to be downloaded onto your computer or smartphone when you visit our website or App. Cookies allow things like the website to recognise your device each time you access it and will store some information about your preferences or past actions. Other tracking technologies, like web beacons, clear GIFs, page tags, web bugs and pixels etc, are used to understand how people are using our services and for target advertising.
- Keeping your chosen products in your basket
- Remembering products that you’ve saved to your wish list
- Sending you email reminders about products you’ve viewed or left behind (only if you’ve opted-in to receive email marketing from us)
- Analysing web page traffic to make sure that you and other customers can find what you’re looking for easily
As well as the cookies we use on our website, we use similar technologies in our emails. These help us to understand whether you’ve opened an email and how you’ve interacted with it.
How do I manage my Cookies?
Alternatively, you can manage cookies by:
- Setting your browser to block cookies. Please check your browser for instructions on how to do this.
- You can also visit www.aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies for more information.
What type of Cookies do we use?
We use Session and Persistent cookies. Session Cookies expire at the end of each browser session. Persistent cookies can be stored for longer periods of time over multiple sessions.
What are first party and third party cookies? First party cookies belong to Sigma Sports. Third-party cookies may be used by approved organisations to provide services on our website.
Required Cookies. These cookies are necessary to enable the basic features of this site to function, such as providing secure log in or remembering how far you are through an order.
Functional Cookies. These cookies allow us to analyse your use of the site to evaluate and improve our performance. They may also be used to provide a better customer experience on this site. For example, remembering your login details, saving what is in your shopping basket, or providing us with information about how our site is used.
Advertising Cookies. These cookies are used to show you ads more relevant to you. We may share this information with advertisers or use it to better understand your interests. For example, advertising cookies may be used to share data with advertisers so that the ads you see are more relevant to you, allow you to share certain pages with social media networks, or allow you to post comments on our site.
If you choose to reject cookies. You may be able to continue browsing and purchasing products but please be aware that navigation on the website may not function as well as intended.
Like many other online retailers, we use a range of digital advertising networks and technologies to display targeted adverts to our customers on other websites. The adverts you see will be based on information that we hold about you, for example:
- Your purchase history
- Products you have viewed
- Your interests, as set by you
We use various industry-standard targeting tools to ensure our advertising is relevant, these can include:
- Browsing behaviour collected by tracking pixels on our digital platforms
- An encrypted identifier that can help match adverts to you on advertising platforms. These identifiers are often referred to as a Hashed ID and allow us to advertise to people who have identified themselves to us in the past, for example when an email address has been shared with us