GoPro Hero5 Session Action Camera
The simplest, easiest to use and highest-quality camera GoPro has ever created, and it can fit in your rear jersey pocket! According to Nick Woodman, the GoPro founder and CEO, the dream was always to create an ‘invisible camera’ that’s so light, small and convenient to use, you forget you even had it attached to you. Well, with the Hero5 Session Action Camera, that dream has become a reality.
Taking all the features of a Hero5 Black and cramming it into something that can fit into the palm of your hand was always going to attract a wide audience, and with 4K video, 10MP photos, waterproofing to 10m, a simple 1-button control and voice control - you’ll be hard pushed to find a more complete action camera on the market.
The GoPro Hero5 Session is one of the simplest GoPro’s to use, and even the user interface has had a total rehaul to ensure everyone from professional videographers and extreme athletes to novices who have never used one can. The one touch design allows you to turn it on and off, whilst also allowing you to record as and when you want to.
GoPro understand that capturing footage when out on the bike can be difficult, and sometimes it can even be downright impossible to start recording when mid-exercise. For this, they’ve developed their incredible and completely intuitive voice control technology. It reacts to a wide range of commands; GoPro, take a photo. GoPro, take a video and even GoPro take a burst. Trust us, it works, and it makes capturing those once in a lifetime moments even easier.
Image and video quality
GoPro have incorporated 4K video resolution at 30 or 25 fps for crystal clear, high-quality videos, all the way through to 720P at 120 fps that produces super slow-motion, wide angle shots. The image quality holds up at an impressive 10MP with both burst and time lapse settings, making every outing on the bike an opportunity to get some truly incredible photographs.
To change the video resolution and quality, you can connect to your GoPro app which has also had a total redesign and is now more simple than ever to connect to.
Image stabilisation is another thing GoPro has set its sights on with the Hero5 range. No longer will vibrations or bumps affect the quality of your footage, as GoPro has spent considerable time developing how smooth and plush the video is.
By moving away from waterproof housing and building it straight into the body, the audio of the Hero5 Session is drastically improved compared to previous GoPro’s. The audio range has been increased by 10DB compared to the Hero3+ Black Edition, and you no longer get creaking or distorted audio either.
Connecting your GoPro to your camera was once a torrid affair, and sometimes it wouldn’t even connect, leaving you stranded with your footage unless you had a micro-SD card slot in your computer. With the Hero5 Session, connecting to your app couldn’t be simpler.
Mounts and accessories
Thanks to GoPro doing away with the chunky waterproof housing and moving straight towards a fully waterproof body, the field of view provided is more lifelike than ever. The mounts clip directly onto the body, streamlining not just how fast you can get out and get recording, but actually enhancing the quality of footage, too. You can even use your old GoPro mounts, so there’s no need to upgrade either.
A long-lasting, built-in 1000mAh lithium-ion rechargeable battery gives all the charge you need to take stunning images over the course of a day. The USB-C port gives you the versatility of using multiple devices with the charging cable and charges 10 times quicker than the Hero3 and 5 times quicker than the Hero4.
Please note: GoPro’s require a microSD card with at least a Class 10 or UHS-I rating. These memory cards are sold separately.
1 x GoPro Hero5 Session
1 x Clip-on mounting accessory
1 x USB-C charging cable
2 x Sticky back helmet mounts
- Take stunning, high-definition 4K videos and 10MP photographs at the touch of a button
- Voice activated, so no need to press a button or take off your gloves mid-ride
- Completely waterproof without any housing, ensuring you can use it in the rain and even underwater to 10m
- Strong, sturdy and robust to ensure if you drop it, it’ll keep working
- Image stabilisation solves any camera shudder or vibrations when attached to the handlebars
- Easy to connect to GoPro apps thanks to their streamlined connectivity process
- 1000mAh lithium-ion rechargeable battery for longer lasting battery
- Charges 10 times faster than the Hero3 and 5 times faster than the Hero4
- Image and video quality:
- 4K video resolution: 30 or 25 fps wide FOV
- 2.7K video resolution: 48 fps wide. 30, 25, 24 fps SuperView, wide, medium and linear FOV
- 2.7K 4:3 video resolution: 30, 25fps
- 1440p video resolution: 60, 50, 48, 30, 25, 24 fps wide FOV
- 1080p video resolution: 90 fps wide, 60, 50 fps SuperView, wide, linear FOV. 30, 25, 24 fps SuperView, wide, linear, narrow FOV
- 1080p Superview
- 960p video resolution: 100, 60, 50, 30, 25 fps wide FOV
- 720P video resolution: 120 fps wide FOV. 60, 50, 30, 25 fps SuperView, wide, medium FOV.
- 12MP photographs
- Burst rates: 30/1, 30/2, 30/3, 30/6, 10/1, 10/2, 10/3, 5/1, 3/1
- Time lapse intervals: 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30, 60 second intervals