Pearl Izumi Pro Leader v4 Cycling Shoes
The Pro Leader v4 Cycling Shoes are Pearl Izumi’s stiffest offering, providing excellent power transfer and pedalling efficiency thanks to the 1:1 Integrated Carbon Power Plate and unibody construction. This unique construction allows a stack height of just 5mm, keeping the foot as close as possible to the pedal axle. Inside the shoe, the 1:1 Insole System means that each foot can benefit from independent arch and forefoot varus canting in order to optimise the pedal stroke.
All stitching has been eliminated from the upper by using a seamless construction, reducing the potential for hotspots and chafing, helped by the off-centre placement of the IP-1 Boa dials. The dials give micro-adjustment in 1mm increments so a perfect fit is easily attainable, and can even be altered mid-ride ready for the town sign sprint. The upper also benefits from Pearl Izumi’s Zero Distraction fit which avoids pressure on the sensitive soft tissue on the top of the foot and Zonal bi-directional closure that gives secure foot retention. On top of all that, the electroplated sole unit looks amazing.
- The high-tech seamless upper minimises pressure points by eliminating all stitching
- An asymmetric closure places dual IP-1 Boa® reels slightly off-centre to avoid sensitive areas on top of the foot.
- The sole and upper are joined using a unique unibody construction to deliver a super low 5mm stack height for a powerful pedal stroke.
- Electroplating provides an unexpected flash of colour to the bottom of this high-performance shoe
- Advanced 3-Layer Seamless Composite Upper offers exceptional breathability and eliminates hot spots by adapting to foot shape
- 1:1 Zero Distraction Upper Fit mitigates foot discomfort by avoiding the soft tissue running along the top of the foot
- Zonal Bi-directional closure wraps the foot for a semi-custom fit and secure foot retention
- Double Boa® IP1 reels allow 1mm micro-adjustability and pop up for full release
- 1:1 Integrated Carbon Power Plate delivers feather-light stiffness (stiffness rating of 13)
- 1:1 Insole System allows independent left and right arch and forefoot varus canting adjustability for optimal pedalling mechanics
- Manufacturer’s claimed weight: 265 grams per shoe (size 43)
Pearl Izumi Pro Leader v4 Cycling Shoes Sizing
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.