Roval Control Carbon SL Boost 29" Wheelset
Setting out to create the ultimate cross-country wheels, Specialized have developed the Roval Control Carbon SL Boost 29" Wheelset. Weight has been kept to a minimum at sub-1400 grams, with no compromise on strength, for performance over the roughest and rockiest trails.
The wide 25mm internal rim width provides an optimised tyre profile for excellent traction and low rolling resistance, and the rim has been shaped for stiffness, weight and ride quality. The Zero Bead Hook design is extremely resistant to impact and makes tubeless tyre installation a breeze, while providing a better tyre seal against the rim. The light rim has lower inertia for fast, punchy accelerations.
Lacing the rim to the hub are 24 and 28 DT Swiss Competition Race spokes, front and rear respectively, that make these hand-built wheels incredibly strong. The hubs themselves have DT Swiss 240 internals, sealed bearings and a 54-tooth start ratchet to the rear for super fast engagement. This 110/148mm Boost variant has an increased width to the front and rear hub flanges for improved frame and fork clearance, and a stiffer, stronger and more durable overall system with a minimum weight penalty.
- Carbon clincher, 2Bliss Ready, Zero Bead Hook design. Black graphic under clear coat
- Internal rim width: 25mm
- Spoke pattern: Front - radial/three-cross (2:1) / rear - three-cross
- Spoke count: 24-hole front / 28-hole rear
- Spoke type: DT Swiss Competition Race
- Nipple type: DT Swiss Pro Lock hexagonal
- Front hub: DT Swiss internals, 15x110mm thru-axle, 15mm end caps included (19mm & 31mm OD)
- Rear hub: CNC-machined alloy body, high-quality DT 240 internals and 54t quick engagement ratchet system cassette, includes SRAM XX1 11-speed freehub and 148 end caps (includes 148 drive-side end cap for 10-speed freehub body—freehub sold separately)
- Bearing type: Sealed cartridge
- Assembly method: Hand-built
- Includes Roval Tubeless Plugs for the lightest possible tubeless setup and tubeless valve stems in order to make tubeless set-up a touch easier
- Manufacturer claimed wheelset weight: 1330 grams