Schwalbe Aerothan Inner Tube
Completely rewriting the inner tube rule book, Schwalbe’s Aerothan offers low-rolling resistance, comfort and puncture protection, yet weighs less than half that of a standard inner tube. Made from a specially developed thermoplastic polyurethane, it doesn’t lose air like very light tubes can and is certified for use with rim brakes as well as disc, as the material has excellent heat resistance. Whether on-road or off, the increased comfort and lower rolling resistance makes them comparable to a tubeless setup, providing a sublimely smooth ride without any hassle.
Despite the low weight, the Aerothan’s strength means that it can be used on mountain bikes or gravel bikes as well as on the road, with the material providing protection against pinch punctures as well as sharp objects. The nature of the material also means that air loss in the event of a puncture tends to be more controlled and safer rather than catastrophic. Furthermore, the thermoplastic polyurethane material is fully recyclable, and used tubes can be returned to Schwalbe for recycling.
Please note, all valves are 40mm long, but as the valve core is removable, a valve extender can be used for deeper rims.
- Fully light-weight, right to the valve - about 40% less weight than a comparable Schwalbe extra light tube
- Puncture protection newly defined - the material itself prevents sudden air loss
- Minimal rolling resistance - maximum riding dynamics
- Extremely heat resistant - certified for rim brakes
- A stable ride - even with low air pressures
- Easy installation - without slipping or pinching
- Made in Germany
- 100% recyclable
- Claimed manufacture’s weight: 700c x 23-28mm - 41 grams, 28-35mm - 50 grams, 37-50mm - 61 grams