Shimano Dura-Ace 9100 C24 Carbon Clincher Rear Wheel
High-speed performance and lightweight climbing prowess make the Shimano Dura-Ace 9100 C24 Carbon Clincher Rear Wheel a compelling option for any rider looking for all-round performance. Designed to meet the needs of Shimano's sponsored pro riders, this wheel combines a carbon rim construction with an aluminium braking track. Shimano has achieved this wheel's low rim weight by reducing the alloy wall thickness from 1.3mm to 0.7mm. Shimano then utilises a patented phosphoric acid anodising process to bond the carbon fibre rim to the alloy. This ensures an excellent combination of strength, rigidity and low weight. 20 stainless steel spokes keep the wheel running true whilst still maintaining superb levels of stiffness.
Shimano has paid particular attention to the freehub; focusing on rapid engagement and lightweight strength and stiffness, the freehub engages every ten degrees. This means that as soon as you put the power through the pedals it is being transferred down into the road.
Compatible with 700c tyres and 8,9,10 and 11-speed Shimano or SRAM cassettes, this wheel offers versatility to match its superb performance.
- Shimano Dura-Ace 9100 C24 Carbon Clincher Rear Wheel
- Rear Quick-Release Skewer
- WH-R9100 CL carbon clincher wheel, designed to meet pro road race criteria
- Full carbon / alloy 24 mm deep 20.8 mm wide rim
- Low rim weight is achieved by reducing the alloy wall thickness from 1.3 mm down to 0.7 mm, then a patented phosphoric acid anodising process is used to bond the carbon fibre to the alloy giving an excellent combination of low weight, strength and rigidity
- Carbon reinforced spoke eyelets increase durability
- Alloy rim maintains high braking performance
- 20 stainless steel butted (2.0-1.8-2.0) and bladed straight pull spokes
- Elbow-less spokes
- High lateral rigidity is produced with a 3 mm offset asymmetric rim and wide flange spacing
- Quick engaging freehub every 10 degrees
- Labyrinth double-contact sealing effectively shuts out water and dirt
- Alloy cone with integrated steel Borozon treated bearing races - super mirror finish reduces friction
- Quick and easy to maintain digital click bearing adjustment
- Cold forged, machined aluminium hub shell and oversized 7075 alloy axle combined with a titanium freehub body keep the wheel weight to a minimum
- 700c clincher tyre compatible
- 8, 9, 10 and 11-speed Shimano/SRAM compatible
- Supplied with Q/R skewer
- Average weight: 804 grams