Shimano ES51 Octalink Bottom Bracket (73mm shell)
If you are looking to get the most out of your Shimano Octalink chainsets, then this Shimano ES51 Octalink Bottom Bracket (73mm shell) is the one for you.
This splined bottom bracket makes use of an oversize bottom bracket (BB) spindle of 22 mm in diameter to increase strength an stiffness in this key area. Do not fear though, it used a hollow pipe bullet spindle to keep weight to a minimal 262 grams.
Rigidity is also ensured by the splined axle-crankarm interface, delivering far better results than square tapered spindles.
As with all Shimano products, the ES51 has been built to last. The inside of the hollow spindle has been treated to protect it against corrosion in this difficult to reach area. Additionally, by using a sealed cartridge assembly Shimano have ensured dirt, mud and water are all kept out for maintenance free performance.
For the final flourish, this bottom bracket can be easily installed, without requiring adjustment, thanks to the Cartridge design. What is not to love?
- Splined bottom bracket for use with Shimano Octalink chainsets
- Oversize BB spindle - large 22 mm diameter hollow pipe billet spindle reduces weight, increases strength and rigidity
- Octalink splined axle/crankarm interface -results in more rigid crank assembly compared to square tapered spindle
- ES51 has anti-corrosion treatment inside hollow spindle
- Sealed cartridge assembly - maintenance-free sealed cartridge keeps out dirt, mud and water
- Cartridge design allows easy installation without adjustment
- Aluminium adapter
- Average weight: 262 grams
PRODUCT REF: 23921
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more