Shimano RC9 SPD-SL S-Phyre Road Cycling Shoes
Developed alongside Shimano's World Tour riders, the Shimano RC9 SPD-SL S-Phyre Road Cycling Shoes sit at the top of the Japanese company's range boasting cutting-edge technologies, proprietary construction techniques and fantastic looks. The goal of the S-Phyre shoes is to maximise power transmission by delivering more performance per gram and by minimising aerodynamic drag.
Shimano's new one-piece outer design is made from supple, stretch-resistant and highly breathable Teijin Avail microfibre synthetic leather with perforated dimple vents. This highly flexible fabric provides a glove-like fit that better accommodates a wider range of foot shapes.
Ensuring the fit is as good as it can possibly be is the two Boa Dial closure system. These dials spread pressure across the top of the foot for a comfortable and lasting fit. Complementing this is the external curved heel cup construction, which suppresses foot twist and roll, stabilises the heel and holds your foot firmly in place.
For maximum power generation, the RC9 SPD-SL S-Phyre Road Cycling Shoes have been given Shimano's stiffest carbon fibre outsole. Developed with new construction techniques, this outsole eliminates the lasting board in the shoe's construction to reduce weight and stack height. This improves stability and increases power transfer throughout the pedal stroke. The sole is three-bolt cleat compatible and so will fit the vast majority of road cleats including Shimano's SPD-SL or Look's KEO cleats.
Also included: Shimano musette and arch support inserts.
- Unified sole and upper construction sets the bar, providing a new level of fit, pedalling stability, rigidity and weight reduction
- Close-to-foot last shape with a narrow bottom, rounded heel and slim toe box
- Wide range fit adjustability accommodates various shapes of feet
- Dual independent Boa IP1 dials allow quick and precise micro-adjustment
- Quick dry 3D mesh controls humidity
- Built-in drainage holes for rainy conditions
- Optimum linkage of air flow between upper, insole and outsole
- Durable high-density foam. Curved cup insole with adaptable arch pads optimises lateral angle of heel bone
- Silvadur™ Intelligent Freshness keep insoles fresher longer
- Three-bolt cleat fixing (Shimano SPD-SL or Look KEO) Cleats sold separately
- Also included: Shimano musette / arch support inserts
- Weight: 243 grams per shoe (size 43)