Sigma Sports Trenta 3K Helmet by MET
When MET released the groundbreaking Trenta 3K Carbon, it redefined the performance enhancements you could expect to gain from a cycling helmet. Weighing just 215 grams for a size Medium, the Trenta 3K is amongst the lightest on the road and offers truly remarkable aerodynamic properties as well as supreme ventilation. One of the most high-performing helmets available on the market, the Trenta 3K announced MET as the true world-leader in premium helmet design - so when Sigma Sports began the search for a partner to help create a helmet of our own, there really was only one contender.
Designed in-house at Sigma Sports, this helmet has been created to showcase our story as a company. With a gradual navy-to-black fade serving as the base colours, this helmet exudes a classy understatement. Meanwhile, the subtle Sigma Sports brand logos - sympathetically nestled on either side - reflect both the company's dedication to our customers and the unique journeys each of them are taking within their sport. Designed to perfectly complement the rest of the Sigma Sports collection, this helmet is an ideal match for your Jersey and Bib Shorts.
The Trenta 3K's super low weight has been achieved by using a carbon fibre cage embedded into the liner, a structure that allowed MET to reduce the density of the EPS foam - thus making it significantly lighter than traditional constructions. The natural elasticity of the carbon, meanwhile, works to improve the helmets capacity to absorb energy, so you know that the low weight is not compromising your safety by any degree.
The Trenta 3K has also been specifically optimised in the wind tunnel for aerodynamic performance and provides a claimed 7% reduction in drag when compared to competitors. What is particularly impressive about the Trenta 3K is that it manages to provide such an aerodynamic edge whilst also remaining supremely well ventilated. 19 carefully placed vents allow for ample airflow through the helmet, helping the rider stay cool even on the hottest of Grand Tour climbs. MET have also made the conscious design decision for only 30% of the head to be in contact with the helmet whilst in use - leaving the other 70% free to benefit from the cooling airflow passing through the internal cavity.
The Trenta 3K also provides an excellent fit by way of the Safe-T Orbital system, which allows for precise adjustments through all 360 degrees. A carefully positioned reflector along the rear of the helmet offers a helpful degree of visibility in low light conditions, while the Trenta 3K is also compatible with MET's own LED lights for the ultimate in night-riding protection.
Please note: Helmets that are sold on SigmaSports.com are certified with a European CE EN1078 standard. Specific countries may have their own certification, which is legally required. Please check your specific country requirements and check with the manufacturer to see if the helmet has received any additional certification.
- This helmet has been designed in-house by Sigma Sports and built by MET at their factory in the heart of the Italian Alps
- Offered here in an exclusive colourway inspired by the Sigma Sports company history and the unique journeys each of our customers are taking
- Construction: In-mould polycarbonate shell with EPS liner
- Inner structure: 3K carbon cage embedded into liner
- Fit system: Safe-T Orbital
- Padding: Hand-washable Air Mesh comfort pads
- Straps and divider: Air lite straps and adjustable divider
- Be seen: Reflective rear stickers
- Accessories: Helmet soft bag
- Compatibility: MET USB LED light; DualGel front pad (both sold separately)
- Certification: CE AS/NZ, US
- Weight: 215 grams (medium size)
PRODUCT REF: 890114
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more