Trek Madone SLR 9 eTap 12 Speed Disc Road Bike 2019
This is the sixth generation of Trek’s flagship aero bike, and with the Madone SLR 9 eTap 12-Speed Disc Road Bike Trek have managed to make it faster than ever before, with a saving of up to 20 grams of drag over the previous model. The frame uses Kammtail Virtual Foil tube shapes to keep drag to a minimum, whilst seatpost and handlebar also get the aero treatment. The difference between the Madone and most aero optimised bikes is the IsoSpeed decoupler which allows the frame to be tuned to individual preference in terms of comfort depending on the rider or course.
SRAM’s 12-speed RED AXS eTap groupset uses their tried and tested fully wireless communication protocol to add to the aerodynamic gains and super clean look. SRAM’s new take on the drivetrain means a wider range of gears is available whilst reducing the gaps between ratios at the same time. The shifts are quicker, quieter and more accurate than ever thanks to their Orbit chain management system, and certain aspects of the shifting can be customised using the AXS app.
60mm deep Bontrager Aeolus XXX 6 wheels not only look the part, but are an essential part of the bikes speed, whilst the aero handlebar and stem are two separate parts to allow for easier fine-tuning of rider position.
- Trek 700 Series OCLV carbon frame with Kammtail Virtual Foil tube shape
- IsoSpeed comfort tuning
- SRAM RED AXS eTap 12-speed wireless groupset
- Bontrager Aeolus XXX 6 60mm wheelset
Read more about the SRAM AXS range of 12-speed components here.
- FRAME: Trek 700 Series OCLV Carbon, KVF (Kammtail Virtual Foil) tube shape, adjustable top tube IsoSpeed, invisible cable routing, control centre, micro-adjust seat mast, precision water bottle placement, 3S aero chain keeper, DuoTrap S compatible, flat-mount disc, 142x12mm thru axle
- FORK: Trek Madone KVF full carbon, tapered carbon steerer, invisible cable routing, flat-mount disc, carbon dropouts, 12x100mm thru axle
- STEM: Trek Madone aero, invisible cable routing
- HANDLEBAR: Trek Madone adjustable aero VR-CF, OCLV Carbon, internal cable routing
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM RED hydraulic disc, flat mount, 160mm rotors
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM RED hydraulic disc, flat mount, 160mm rotors
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM RED eTap AXS, 12-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: SRAM RED eTap AXS, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM RED eTap AXS, Orbit chain management, 33 tooth max cog
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM RED eTap AXS, 12-speed
- CASSETTE: SRAM RED XG-1290, 10-28, 12-speed
- CRANKSET: SRAM RED D1, 48/35, 24mm spindle
- FRONT WHEEL: Bontrager Aeolus XXX 6, OCLV Carbon, tubeless ready, 21mm rim width, 60mm rim depth, 12mm thru-axle
- REAR WHEEL: Bontrager Aeolus XXX 6, OCLV Carbon, tubeless ready, 21mm rim width, 60mm rim depth, 12mm thru-axle
- FRONT TYRE: Bontrager R4 320 handmade clincher, Hard-Case Lite, 320 tpi, 700x25c
- REAR TYRE: Bontrager R4 320 handmade clincher, Hard-Case Lite, 320 tpi, 700x25c
- SADDLE: Bontrager Montrose Pro, carbon rails, 138mm width
- SEATPOST: Trek Madone aero carbon seatmast cap, integrated light mount, 25mm offset
PRODUCT REF: 1011752
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more