Zipp 454 NSW Carbon Clincher Rear Wheel 24 Spokes - Impress Graphics
Radical by design and evolutionary by nature. Weighing just 835g, the Zipp 454 NSW Carbon Clincher Rear Wheel 24 Spokes - Impress Graphics is the lightest, fastest and most technologically advanced wheel Zipp have ever produced, and it’s not just the stats that make it stand out from the rest.
Using Zipp's new patented variable depth 53/58mm rims, this rear wheel cuts through the air like a fin through water. The rigorous aero development of SawTooth™ utilises the wind tunnel, computational fluid dynamics and real-world testing to ensure every ounce of power you put through the pedals is transferred into eye-watering speed.
AeroBalance™ is another area where the 454 sits above its opponents. Side wind is a huge factor in counteracting speed, pushing the rider all over the road when trying to maintain a straight line. This new rim shape achieves something conventional aero wheels cannot; it simultaneously reduces both aerodynamic drag and side force for the ultimate in straight line speed.
Sawtooth™ accomplishes this with a series of patented fin-shaped Hyperfoil™ nodes along the inner diameter of the rim that work together with the new HexFin™ ABLC dimples for improved airflow. The result is Zipp’s highest performing wheelset ever, with both aero-drag reduction and reduced side force at all wind yaw angles. This is important because higher wind yaw angles are where bike handling is most affected by the wind.
Blistering speed may be one thing, but how about braking performance? Zipp have once again incorporated the Showerstopper™ brake track that allows for later braking and greater control regardless of the weather conditions. Zipp’s ImPress™ NSW graphics technology, which prints graphics directly onto the rim, reduces weight and helps the HexFin™ ABLC dimples to do their aerodynamic job while elevating the wheel’s visual allure to new heights.
- Zipp Tangente titanium black skewer
- Zipp valve extender by Silca®
- Zipp individual wheel bag
- Zipp Tangente Platinum Pro Evo brake pads
- Zipp Tangente tube 700c x 20-28mm
- Zipp rim tape 700c x 20mm
- Weight: 835g
- Hub used: cognition
- Rim used: X454NSW
- Rim depth: 53/58mm
- Brake track width (centre): 26.4mm
- Max width: 27.8mm
- Internal width: 17mm
- Spokes: Sapim® CX-Ray
- Spoke count: 24
- Spoke length non-drive: 260mm
- Spoke pattern Non-Drive: 2 Cross
- Spoke pattern drive: 2 Cross
- Spoke length drive: 258mm
- Max tyre pressure: 125psi
- Max tyre pressure: 8.62bars
- 11-speed compatible hub: yes
- Compatible with either Shimano/SRAM and Campagnolo drivetrains
- Track adaptable: no
- Dimpled surface: ABLC™ HexFin™ technology
- Nipples: Sapim® secure-lock alloy
- XDR compatible: yes
PRODUCT REF: 690563
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more