Zipp858 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Rear Wheel
The Zipp 858 NSW Carbon Tubeless Rim Brake Rear Wheel integrates pioneering aerodynamic technology with state of the art materials and manufacturing processes to elicit stunning performance when unadulterated speed is required in time trials and triathlons.
An intricate blend of advanced carbon materials and resins are employed in the rim construction to provide excellent lateral stiffness, high amounts of strength and low weight. This refined composition is sculpted into an irregular, Sawtooth rim profile that features multiple, radical-looking Hyperfoil nodes along its inner circumference. This trailblazing form promotes industry-leading drag numbers as well as significant quantities of real-world stability. The HexFin ABLC pattern that comprises a series of precisely positioned dimples and ridges complements this by inducing a boundary layer of air particles that, in turn, lowers drag further across a considerable sweep of yaw angles.
A wide internal rim structure is compatible with tubeless-ready or clincher tyres. The increased inner stance of the rim spreads the tyre beads further apart to coerce the casing into a superior cross-sectional silhouette, and this naturally grants lower rolling resistance, increased compliance and magnified cornering grip. At the same time, the Showstopper carbon brake track and its siped surface increase stopping power, especially in the wet, by markedly increasing pad-to-tyre friction.
The Cognition hub with its smooth bearings and frictionless Axial Clutch freehub make sure that no energy is wasted via excessive rotational friction. Sapim CX-Ray spokes subsequently complete the build with a neat, evenly tensioned 2-cross lacing pattern to ensure maximum power transfer and reliability.
- QR end caps
- Quick release skewer
- A rear wheel that has been created purely for the fastest possible performance against the clock
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- The undulating 77/82mm deep, Sawtooth rim profile features nature-inspired Hyperfoil undulations that have been engineered to lower drag and dramatically increase crosswind stability
- HexFin ABLC dimples and ridges smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim width reduces tyre rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- Showstopper brake track gives powerful and consistent braking, even in the wet
- Cognition hub has super smooth bearings and a disengaging Axial Clutch mechanism for reduced drag when freewheeling
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with a Sawtooth profile and HexFin ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 77/82mm
- Internal rim width: 18mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: 2-cross
- Spoke count: 24
- Hub: Zipp Cognition with Axial Clutch technology
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Rim
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Rear: 944 grams (based on an XDR, quick release axle configuration with no rim tape included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.