Cycle Technician: Oakham
Sigma Sports is the country's leading Road Cycling and Triathlon retailer. At our Oakham location, we have opportunities for the right candidates to join our workshop as a Cycle Technician on a full-time, permanent basis.
You will be joining a fast-paced environment; responsible for assembly and inspection of complete box and custom bikes, wheel building/truing and the re-boxing of bikes, for shipping out directly to our customers.
What are we looking for? Essential skills/experience:
- You will have good technical and mechanical knowledge of bikes and experience of bike maintenance
- The ideal candidate will be a conscientious, hard-working, and dedicated individual who appreciates quality and attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve
- General IT competency
- Taking responsibility for your own diary/workload but to work as part of a team of technicians
- Qualified to Cytech level 2 or 3 is preferred, although specific training in all areas will be provided to the successful candidate
- Previous experience within a workshop environment
Why work for Sigma Sports?
- Salary £23.5k dependant on skills, experience and/or qualifications
- 22 days holiday entitlement, plus published bank holidays, rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Industry-leading staff discount scheme from the best brands
- Sigma Sports cycling kit
- Secure indoor bike storage plus changing rooms and showers
Based in Oakham.
Permanent, full-time working 5 days per week between Monday and Saturday, a total of 41.25 hours a week. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
How to apply
Please email your CV along with a covering letter explaining how you meet the essential criteria for this role and what you would bring to the team, to Ed Hole, Head of Retail at email@example.com.