CORONAVIRUS - THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW
In light of the coronavirus pandemic, we are following strict government guidelines to ensure the safe running of both our in-store and online services.
Hampton Wick and Oakham stores
We're pleased to confirm that our Hampton Wick and Oakham stores will remain open but with several restrictions in place due to the coronavirus lockdown situation. These restrictions have been put into place to ensure our customers and staff remain safe. We ask that during this time you only travel to our stores for the following reasons:
- To make a specific purchase
- To collect a confirmed reserve and collect order
- To attend a pre-booked bikes sales appointment purchase
- To attend a pre-booked bike collection
- To attend a pre-booked helmet, shoe or eyewear appointment
- To drop-off or collect a service booking
General browsing is not available in our stores. See below for further details.
Respecting social distancing and avoiding the risk of contact:
Whilst the emphasis is more than ever to maintain correct social distancing - and to avoid any possible contact with anyone who may have coronavirus - we have had to introduce a number of new procedures to the store, as well as some new restrictions on normal services.
With customers visiting our store for a number of different reasons we will continue to speak with every customer on arrival so that we can guide you accordingly. We ask that you remain patient during this time and allow our staff to help you as quickly as possible.
The law now states that all staff and customers in any retail outlet must wear a suitable face covering.
The services we will offer are as follows:
- Bike sale consultations: These continue to be by appointment only. Appointments are one hour long and allow us to identify the correct style and model of bike, as well as the size and initial set-up position. Appointments are now strictly for one person only, the only exception to this is if the appointment is for a child under the age of 18. In these cases, the child can be accompanied by an adult. We will be running up to five consultations simultaneously.
To book a consultation at our Hampton Wick store please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To book a consultation at our Oakham store please email email@example.com
- Helmet, shoe and eyewear consultations: These are still available by appointment. Appointments are strictly for one person only. We will be running up to two consultations simultaneously.
- Reserve and collect: For all items, simply place your order online and we will contact you to confirm when your order is ready for collection. We will have one member of staff dedicated to a till point to process these transactions for you.
- Ground floor purchases: If you require essentials such as saddles and saddle bags, tyres, tubes, lights, cleaning products, tools, energy food etc from our ground floor, we are allowing a maximum of three customers at any one time. We are currently operating a one in one out system.
- Clothing purchases: Clothing is available to be bought but cannot be tried on in stores and the changing rooms are now closed. To book a consultation please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- General Browsing: This is not possible in our stores.
- Bike Fitting: Our bike fitting service has been temporarily suspended. Please email email@example.com to register your interest and we will be in contact in due course when restrictions allow us to open our bike fitting service again.
- Workshop: For all workshop enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Payments: These are by card only.
We are doing everything within our power to keep both you and our staff safe, whilst maintaining the high standard of service we are renowned for. Please check the guidelines outlined below. See you soon!
Website and App Remain Open
We continue to operate normal service from our website and app. Deliveries are running as normal, we are still able to build and deliver bikes along with all products currently available online. For Free and Standard delivery please allow a minimum of 6 to 7 working days to receive your order. You may experience minor delays due to the high volume of packages Royal Mail are currently processing. We appreciate your patience during these times. Please contact us after 7-days if you have not received your order. International customers may experience some minor delays.
Customer Care and Support
You may experience longer response times due to a large surge in enquiries, in rare circumstances, this can take up to 5 working days. If you haven't received a response from us within this time frame, please check your spam folder. We kindly ask that you do not send us a further email as this will only delay our response to you. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience.
Reserve and Collect in Esher
Our reserve and collect location in Esher is open with measures in place to ensure our customers and staff remain safe. Please note, there are no facilities to try on clothing, footwear etc.
Emergency Services Discount
To thank those who work in the NHS, police, fire services and serve in the military, we are delighted to extend our existing discount to 10% off the retail price on our website and app. Visit our offers page for more details.
If I want to get in touch with the team at Sigma Sports - How do I go about that?
Our customer care team are on hand between 9am - 5:30pm (GMT) Monday - Saturday and can be contacted by email and Live Chat. Our Live Chat hours have been extended to Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm and 9am to 5:30pm on Saturday. You may experience longer response times due to an increase in enquiries. In rare circumstances, this can take up to 5 working days. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience.
Can I still order online?
Yes, you can still order online at www.sigmasports.com or on our (UK only) app.
Are there any expected delays to my order arriving?
Should your order qualify for free delivery or you've chosen the Standard Delivery option, please allow a minimum of 6 to 7 working days to receive your order. Please contact us after 7-days if you have not received your order. Orders for international customers may be subject to delays.
How do I return my item(s)?
Please visit our returns page for instructions on how to return your item(s). We're experiencing minor delays in processing returns. This can take up to 8 to 10 days to process your return.
Can I still bring my bike in for a workshop service?
We are taking a limited number of service bookings. Please contact our workshop team to find out more.
Is it possible to book in for a Sigma Sports mechanics courses or bike fit?
Our mechanic's courses are not operating. If you have an existing booking with us, we will offer a refund or an opportunity to reschedule courses.
Our bike fitting service has been temporarily suspended. To register your interest for when our service is back running, head over to our Bike Fitting page.
We would once again like to thank you for your ongoing support during this challenging time and wish you all the best.
Last update: 2pm GMT 12th January, 2021.