Cannondale Quick Althea 2 Womens Hybrid Bike 2018
Forged with Cannondale's top quality materials and cutting-edge technology, the Quick Althea 2 Women's Hybrid Bike features a lightweight build that's ready to tackle a variety of terrains. Ideal for the urban or rural adventurer, this sleek bike encourages you to venture away from the norms of tarmac and take a more scenic route.
SmartFormed from a lightweight 6061 alloy, the Quick Althea 2's frame offers a strong yet lightweight construction that meets the demands of the modern day rider. Styled with a sturdy and robust downtube, this frame offers very little vertical flex, ensuring each pedal stroke is rewarded with efficient performances, whilst the thin chainstays and seatstays keep the overall weight to a minimum without compromising strength.
Proving to be just as confident damping terrain buzz as it is transferring power, the unique SAVE technology, described as a micro-suspension, provides an agreeable amount of flex within targeted areas of the frame to increase comfort. Coupled with a women's specific geometry that seats the female rider in the optimal riding position for both off road and on road escapades, this bike offers unparalleled comfort and efficient performances.
The featured SR Suntour suspension fork cushions the harshness of rough terrains; this not only enhances pedal efficiency and traction, but most importantly improves comfort when veering away from the tarmac. Whilst plush suspension is ideal for off-road riding, it is not always the most productive whilst on the road, which is why this fork has been fitted with a lockout switch to provide a rigid option for hill climbs and flat sprints.
The featured Shimano hydraulic brakes provide confidence boosting control through high-speed descents; with exceptional modulation these brakes offer precision handling with reliable and powerful stopping power. This combined with 24 gears of efficient speed that the Shimano 9-speed groupset presents, results in a great all-rounder that is fit to tackle both steep climbs and long flats with excelled performance.
Both sleek and functional, this is an excellent option for the discerning rider wanting a top quality build at an excellent price.
- SmartFormed C2 alloy frame is both robust and lightweight, perfect for both on-road and off-road rides.
- Women's specific geometry offers the optimal female position for tackling long rides in comfort.
- SAVE technology acts as a micro-suspension to dampen the harshness of rough terrains.
- An 9-speed Shimano groupset offers an array of gear ratios perfect for an array of riding conditions.
- Shimano M396 hydraulic disc brakes are powerful and reliable.
Please note: Image shown is for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Cannondale Quick Althea, SmartForm C2 alloy, SAVE, 1-1/2" to 1-1/8" tapered head tube, 700/650
- FORK: SR Suntour NCX, 1-1/2" to 1-1/8" tapered, lockout, 50mm (S,M)/ SR Suntour M3030, Lockout, 63mm, 1-1/8" steerer (XS only)
- HEADSET: VP Si 1-1/2" to 1-1/8"
- STEM: Cannondale C3, 6061 alloy, 31.8, 12 deg
- HANDLEBAR: Cannondale C4, 6061 double-butted, 12mm rise, 660mm
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano M396 hydraulic disc, 160mm disc
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano M396 hydraulic disc, 160mm disc
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano M396 hydraulic disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Acera, 31.8 clamp
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Deore, 9-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Alivio, 2x9
- CASSETTE: Shimano Alivio, 11-32T, 9-speed
- PEDALS: Cannondale reinforced composite
- FRONT WHEEL: Maddux DC 3.0, double wall
- REAR WHEEL: Maddux DC 3.0, double wall
- FRONT TYRE: Kenda Happy Medium, 700x35c (S/M)/ Schwalbe G-One, 650x38c (XS only)
- REAR TYRE: Kenda Happy Medium, 700x35c (S/M)/ Schwalbe G-One, 650x38c (XS only)
- SADDLE: Cannondale Women's CS Ergo
- SEATPOST: Cannondale C3, 6061 alloy, 27.2x350mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 805594
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more