FOX 38 Float Factory 170 27.5 GRIP2 Tapered Fork
Featuring oversized 38mm stanchions for exceptional stiffness and precision, the FOX 38 Float Factory 170 27.5 GRIP2 Tapered Fork is built to take the hits. Designed for the latest breed of long-travel enduro bikes, this fork is unfaltering in its performance, no matter the terrain. An all-new arch and lower-leg design adds stiffness whilst keeping the weight low, and features a revised air and oil channel which dramatically increases the air volume.
Inside this fork is the heralded GRIP2 damper, which now features Variable Valve Control adjustment for unrivalled levels of tuning. The new EVOL air spring boosts the size of the negative air chamber, improving small-bump compliance for enhanced traction. A bleed valve is located on each fork leg, allowing built-up air pressure to be released at the press of a button.
- New for the 38, steerer tube design incorporates elliptical shaping in taper zone, further maximising stiffness to weight ratio
- 27.5-inch specific model, 170mm travel
- Lower leg bleeders to equalise pressure build-up
- Revised air/oil channels
- Updated GRIP2 damper now with dual VVC (Variable Valve Control) on HSC and HSR circuits
- Matching 8-click HSC and HSR adjustment on Grip2 forks and X2 shocks
- Unique design maximises stiffness to weight and offers improved head tube clearance via radical new arch shape
- 31% stiffer transverse shear, 9% stiffer fore/aft and 20% torsionally stiffer than 36
- Updated EVOL air spring
- 58mm crown diameter to match modern frame shape profiles
- Aftermarket direct-mount mudguard available