FOX 38 Float Factory 180 29 GRIP2 Tapered Fork
Engineered for rowdy, unrestrained riding, the FOX 38 Float Factory 180 29 GRIP2 Tapered Fork is the classic freeride fork reborn. Equally at home aboard a long-travel enduro bike as it is a single crown bike-park build, this fork features an all-new, stout 38mm chassis for unrivalled stiffness and front-end tracking. A nod from the downhill focused FOX 40, bleed valves have been included on the lower legs to equalise built-up pressure, while an all-new elliptical steerer design enhances fore and aft rigidity on the trail.
Tuneable in its progression, the updated EVOL air spring is plush and provides both responsive small bump sensitivity and big-hit performance for superior traction. When it comes to top-tier performance, the GRIP2 damper delivers on all accounts, offering an unparalleled ride quality and range of adjustment.
- New for the 38, steerer tube design incorporates elliptical shaping in taper zone, further maximising stiffness to weight ratio
- 29-inch specific model, 180mm travel
- Lower leg bleeders to equalise pressure build-up
- Revised air/oil channels
- Updated GRIP2 damper now with dual VVC (Variable Valve Control) on HSC and HSR circuits
- Matching 8-click HSC and HSR adjustment on Grip2 forks and X2 shocks
- Unique design maximises stiffness to weight and offers improved head tube clearance via radical new arch shape
- 31% stiffer transverse shear, 9% stiffer fore/aft and 20% torsionally stiffer than 36
- Updated EVOL air spring
- 58mm crown diameter to match modern frame shape profiles
- Aftermarket direct-mount mudguard available