Lightweight Meilenstein Carbon Clincher Endurance Wheelset Schwarz Edition
Unrivalled acceleration with market-leading heat resistance and the all-day comfort of a wide tyre, the Lightweight Meilenstein Carbon Clincher Endurance Wheelset looks fantastic in this stealthy Schwarz Edition.
It's not just the looks that have been upgraded, with CeramicSpeed bearings in the DT Swiss hubs, this formidable wheelset can roll freely for thousands of miles. For super stiffness and low weight, a monocoque design is applied to the V-shape construction of the rims. This provides direct power transition with no loss of energy due to the flex of the wheels, all while increasing the overall load capacity of the wheelset to a maximum load of 100kg. The rim profile is constructed of a unique carbon matrix made up of applied carbon fibre and resin. This provides the longest heat resistance of any full-carbon clincher model on the market. The durability of the rim profile is increased while the life cycle of the wheels is elongated, especially under extreme use. This is particularly handy on long mountain descents that demand prolonged braking periods. The high modular carbon fibre spokes resist tensile forces up to 1,500kg, providing immediate and undiminished power transfer with minimal loss of energy due to the stiffness and low rotational weight.
This combination of materials and manufacturing technique also means the wheels will remain true, and won't need adjustment. The 24mm rim profile, with a 20mm internal width, is the perfect platform for wider clincher tyres. The prevalence of 25mm tyres in the pro peloton has caught on due the improved comfort and aerodynamics afforded by the extra volume of air.
The Meilenstein Carbon Clincher Endurance can house tyres from 24 to 34mm in width, increasing comfort and improving cornering ability. The inner clincher ring on the rim provides an added safety feature, whereby it provides feedback to the rider should the rim begin overheating. The rider is then afforded the opportunity to react and prevent any potentially nasty outcomes.
- Lightweight carbon fibre construction
- CeramicSpeed bearings ensure smooth performance
- 24mm wide rim allows the use of 24 - 34mm clincher tyres
- Overall weight of just 1290 grams
- 48mm rim depth balances aerodynamic efficiency and crosswind stability
- Carbon fibre spokes keep the wheels true and ensure controlled braking
- Intuitive braking surface provides great stopping power in both the wet and dry
Please note that the image is of the regular wheelset. The Schwarz Edition wheels feature Meilenstein decals in a black font, with Lightweight graphics in white.
- Stealthy looks with black decals
- CeramicSpeed bearings
- Recommended tyre sizes: 24 to 34 mm clincher
- Front wheel weight: 585 grams
- Rear wheel weight: 705 grams
- Wheelset weight: 1290 grams
- Rim depth: 48mm
- Rim width: 24mm
- Internal rim width: 20mm
- Spoke count: 16 front/20 rear
- Spoke material: Full carbon fibre
- Maximum load weight (rider and bike): 100kg
- Hubs: Lightweight / DT Swiss 190s
- Axle system: 100 front wheel / 130 rear wheel
- Rim profile: Clincher
- Compatibility: Campagnolo 9/10/11-speed, Shimano/SRAM 9/10/11-speed