Lightweight Meilenstein Carbon Tubular Endurance Wheelset
The Lightweight Meilenstein Tubular Endurance Wheelset is a top-level race ready wheelset with an unrivaled flexibility of use.
The high stiffness and low weight of the wheelset are achieved through Lightweight's monocoque design in combination with the V-shape construction of the rims. Power transfer is immediate with no loss of energy, as this construction method provides an incredibly stiff wheel. The additional benefit of the inherent strength of the wheelset is the generous overall load capacity, at 100kg total weight for rider and bike.
The unique carbon matrix of the rims, made up of a combination of applied carbon fibre and resin, provides outstanding heat resistance. The key benefit here is prolonged braking performance in wet or dry conditions, which is particularly handy on long, mountain descents. The durability of the rims is increased while providing a longer life cycle under extreme use.
The light CFK spokes, made of high modular carbon fibre, resist tensile forces up to 1,500kg. This provides
immediate and undiminished power transfer with minimal loss of energy due to the stiffness and low rotational weight. As an added benefit, the wheels never need truing.
The rim profile is designed for tubular tyres measuring 24 to 34mm in width. With the pro peloton trending towards 25mm tyres and wider, more riders are beginning to enjoy the benefits afforded by the extra volume of air; improved rolling resistance, better cornering ability and additional comfort. Tubular tyre installation is made quicker and easier by Lightweight's optimised rim bed.
With excellent performance in windy and mountainous conditions alike, the front wheel profile is suitable for all kinds of time trial stages. Unrivalled acceleration with market leading heat resistance and the all-day comfort of wide tyre compliance, the Lightweight Meilenstein Tubular Endurance Wheelset could easily become a firm favourite of even the most discerning road cyclist.
- Lightweight carbon fibre construction
- Ceramic Speed bearings ensure smooth performance
- 24mm wide rim allows the use of 24 - 34mm tubular tyres
- Overall weight of just 1,165 grams
- 48mm rim depth balances aerodynamic efficiency and crosswind stability
- Carbon fibre spokes keep the wheels true and ensure controlled braking
- Intuitive braking surface provides great stopping power in both the wet and dry
- Recommended tyre sizes: 24 to 34 mm tubular
- Front wheel weight: 505 grams
- Rear wheel weight: 660 grams
- Wheelset weight: 1165 grams
- Rim depth: 48mm
- Rim width: 24mm
- Spoke count: 16 front/20 rear
- Spoke material: Full carbon fibre
- Maximum load weight (rider and bike): 100kg
- Hubs: Lightweight / DT Swiss 240s
- Axle system: 100 front wheel / 130 rear wheel
- Rim profile: Tubular
- Compatibility: Campagnolo 9/10/11-speed, Shimano/SRAM 9/10/11-speed
PRODUCT REF: 869087
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more