Quarq DZero Eagle XX1 Boost AXS DUB Power Meter Crankset Bundle
Off-road cyclists are now realising the benefit of training with power as it allows them to maximise their training time efficiently. This doesn’t apply just to the pros as time-crunched amateur riders are also now reaping the benefits. A power meter must be accurate though and, if it is used in a harsh off-road setting, it also needs to be robust. The Quarq DZero Eagle XX1 Boost AXS DUB Power Meter Crankset Bundle covers these necessary traits with confidence via its wide range of attributes.
Initially, the most crucial facet of a power meter has to be its preciseness. With an accuracy of 1.5%, supplied by the dual-sided measurement, the DZero is industry-leading. It also caters for troublesome temperature shifts, that can cause vast inaccuracies within power meters, via a thorough active temperature compensation feature that keeps readings consistent even in changeable off-road settings.
The CR2032 battery provides 200 hours of use, and once this runs out, it can be changed easily by the user and doesn’t require any specialist tools. Off-road riding can be tremendously punishing on equipment, so this battery and the power measuring electronics are sealed within the crankset spider, protected by an IPX7 waterproofness rating.
Data transfer from the unit to compatible bike computers and smartphones is served by both ANT+ and Bluetooth wireless channels before the SRAM AXS is linked to for setup, calibration and firmware update duties.
The light but robust carbon crank arms provide drive efficiency with the DUB axle also assisting in this regard. This axle has Boost compatible spacing and can be slipped into a variety of DUB bottom brakes. The 104 BCD spider pattern is then compatible with X-SYNC 2 chainrings (not included).
Chainrings are not supplied. These must be sourced separately.
- Fully integrated power measurement with a 104BCD
- Compatible with 11- and 12-speed drivetrains
- Compatible with Boost 148/52mm chain lines
- Suitable for use with 11 and 12-speed 104BCD X-SYNC 2 chainrings not included
- Accuracy – within 1.5%, measuring both legs
- Dual-sided power measurement directly measures the power from both legs
- Power Balance feature measures the left and right leg power output split
- MagicZero™ – automatic calibration as you ride. No need to backpedal or manually calibrate through your head unit
- AxCad – no cadence magnet required
- Bluetooth low energy technology and ANT+ wireless data transfer
- 10K Active Temperature Compensation allows power readings to remain stable through weather temperature fluctuations
- IPX7 waterproof rating: The power measurement instruments are completely sealed from external elements
- DUB SRAM Axle: A stronger, stiffer and lighter axle configuration
- SRAM AXS App compatible: Check the battery level, calibrate, run diagnostics and perform free firmware updates via this specific app
- Battery – CR2032, 200-hour battery life, change without tools
- OmniCal – swap chainrings without affecting accuracy
- 2-year warranty
- Compatible bottom brackets: DUB BSA73,DUB PF89.5,DUB PF92,DUB PF30 MTB73,DUB BB30 MTB73
- Crank arm material: Carbon
- Crank arm lengths available: 170mm, 175mm