Salomon Sonic 4 Balance Running Shoes
By blending several sophisticated features and materials, the Salomon Sonic 4 Balance Running Shoes are a versatile option, making them ideal for any run, no matter the length or intensity.
The Optivibe midsole combines two different foam densities; one to cushion shock and vibrations, lowering the wearer’s fatigue, and the other to deliver an energetic rebound into every take-off. Ergonomic grooves positioned on the top and bottom of the midsole increase flexibility, and these work in tandem with the Geometric Decoupling format of the outsole to improve the efficiency of heel-to-toe transitions. The outsole is realised in blown rubber that extends durability and grants excellent traction on all road surface conditions.
A Sensifit cradle links the sole to the upper, adding support to the foot and stabilising it when the exertion level is at its most demanding. The upper is realised in engineered mesh that adds structure in high load areas but remains ventilated for when the conditions are warm.
- A multifaceted running shoe that balanced cushioning, stability and low weight to be suitable for all training and racing
- Optivibe midsole uses two foam compounds; one to cushion, one to give an energetic rebound
- Mirrored Decoupling in the midsole places grooves on the top and bottom, increasing flexibility
- Sensifit construction cradles the foot from the midsole to the laces, increasing stability
- Moulded Ortholite insole provides extra cushioning and matches the contours of the foot
- Engineered mesh upper grants breathability, structure and flexibility
- 3D open mesh inserts on the upper provide extra airflow
- Soft collar improves comfort in the ankle area
- Blown rubber Contagrip outsole balances durability and grip
- Geometric Decoupling format of the outsole guides the foot for efficient heel-to-toe transitions
- Anatomical fit: Standard fit
- Road biomechanical fit: Balanced transition
- Sole drop: 8mm
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 257 grams, per shoe, size UK 8