Shimano Ultegra R8070 Rear Flat Mount Caliper
Part of Shimano's Ultegra R8000 range, the Shimano Ultegra R8070 Rear Flat Mount Caliper is a dedicated disc brake caliper that offers some of the most advanced performance credentials in the field to date. Mounting simply and without hassle onto your disc ready bike, this caliper takes 140mm disc rotors as standard and integrates seamlessly with the profile of your ride whilst improving your braking performance in all conditions.
Benefitting from a dual ceramic piston design, this flat mount caliper grips your rotor disc neatly, providing an even pressure to your rotor in order to give you that direct and immediate stopping force. Ceramic used for enhanced heat insulation, levels of fade are reduced, and you can be sure of a longer lifespan in your brake set. An increased pad to rotor clearance engineered into this model greatly reduces the potential for rotor drag, allowing your wheel to move keenly and cleanly through the bike as you move at pace.
With a forged caliper design remaining lightweight and rigid, this rear flat mounting disc brake unit uses a one-way internal fluid circuit, making bleeding easy for any rider looking to do their own maintenance on their bike. Making use of a non-corrosive mineral oil, this caliper boasts lower net temperatures and is recommended for use with Ice Tech FREEZA Centre-lock SM-RT800 rotors, providing a much better performing, longer lasting pad life with reduced temperatures.
- Brake Type: Hydraulic disc brake
- Designed to integrate seamlessly with a road bike's profile
- Rear wheel use for 140 mm flat mount frames but can be used with adapter for 160 mm
- Oversized 22mm ceramic pistons optimised for heat insulation
- Opposed 2-piston design reduces leading effect and optimal pad wear increases braking control
- Increased pad to rotor clearance reduces the chance of rotor drag
- Direct flat mount and open design allows easy and quick wheel replacement
- Forged calliper design is lightweight and rigid
- One way internal fluid circuit makes bleeding easy
- Mineral oil brake fluid is non-corrosive
- Shim-less mounting bracket allows for quick installation and setting up
- Recommended for use with Ice Tech FREEZA Centre-Lock SM-RT800 rotors for optimum braking performance