Specialized Ruby Sport Womens Road Bike 2018
The Specialized Ruby Sport Road Bike is a versatile option, equally as capable off the tarmac, as it is on. The FACT 9r carbon fibre frame construction helps keep weight to a minimum, whilst also damping any unwanted road feedback before it is transferred onto the rider. Complementing this is the FACT full-carbon fork, with its tapered steerer; steering is kept direct and responsive, critical for navigating technical corners at speed.
The centrepiece of the new Ruby has to be the Future Shock technology, developed in partnership with McLaren. This is essentially a piston in the headtube, offering 20mm of travel, for a supple, more comfortable ride and increased control on uneven surfaces.
Shifting is taken care of by Shimano's 105 11-speed groupset, providing the crisp, smooth performance all seasoned cyclists desire, whilst the TRP Spyre flat mount brakes offer controlled, stable braking, for a confidence inspiring ride in all conditions. Combining a 50/34T chainset with a 11-32T cassette, the gear range is wide enough for spinning up steep alpine climbs and sprinting out the saddle on the flat too.
The bike is finished with an array of Specialized components, each offering a great balance of performance, aesthetics and value for money. The Axis Sport Disc wheels utilise a low profile rim for comfort and control in crosswinds, whilst the Turbo Pro tyres give high levels of grip, cushioning and durability thanks to their 28mm width and BlackBelt protection. Furthermore, the combination of Specialized's Hover handlebars and Lithia Comp Gel saddle help ensure you can ride, comfortably, from sunrise through to sunset.
- FACT 9r carbon construction
- FACT monocoque tapered carbon fork ensures responsive, stiff handling
- TRP SPYRE Disc brakes provide confidence and reliability on the descents
- Shimano 105, 11-speed gearing keeps you spinning efficiently through all gradients, all year round
- Specialized Comp carbon seatpost reduces weight and dampens road feedback for long comfortable days in the saddle
- Axis Sport Disc wheels utilise a low profile for confident descending in the most blustery of conditions and pair perfectly with the 28mm wide tyres for increased comfort and reduced rolling resistance
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 9r carbon, Women's Endurance Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel, flat disc mounts
- FORK: Specialized FACT full-carbon, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle
- STEM: Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Comp Hover Bar, 6061 alloy, 70x125mm w/ Di2 hole
- FRONT BRAKE: Tektro Spyre, flat mount, mechanical disc
- REAR BRAKE: Tektro Spyre, flat mount, mechanical disc
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano 105
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 Ez, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano 105
- CASSETTE: Shimano 105, 11-speed, 11-32t
- CHAIN: KMC X11EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- CRANKSET: Praxis Alba 2D 50/34T
- FRONT WHEEL: Axis Sport Disc
- REAR WHEEL: Axis Sport Disc
- FRONT TYRE: Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- REAR TYRE: Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- SADDLE: Lithia Comp Gel, 155mm, nylon shell, gel padding
- SEATPOST: Specialized Comp carbon, single bolt
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 801547
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more