Specialized S-Works Roubaix eTap Road Bike 2018
For Specialized, smoother is faster and the new Specialized S-Works Roubaix eTap Road Bike 2018 takes this philosophy to new heights. What everyone has been talking about with the new Roubaix range is the Future Shock "suspension" and for good reason. Developed alongside F1 giants McLaren, this technology creates an all new level of smoothness.
Future Shock suspension acts as a piston in the head tube to offer 20mm of travel. This is ideal for rough roads as it improves vertical compliance by eliminating fork splay. This ultimately means, rather than you bike losing energy over bumps, it can absorb the shock and move smoothly through them. In Specialized's Rolling Efficiency Model the Roubaix outperformed any other bike on the market, so expect a seriously smooth and fast ride.
Future Shock suspension combines with Specialized's premium FACT 11r carbon and a new seatpost clamping construction that adds torsional compliance for added comfort whilst you are sitting in the saddle and putting the power down.
This premium frameset combines with the hottest groupset in road cycling; the SRAM Red eTap. Wireless and 11-speed, this electronic groupset provides smooth and precise shifting, with an auto-trimming front derailleur and a compact crankset.
SRAM's Red eTap hydraulic disc brakes provide strong and reliable stopping power through wet and dry conditions. This disc brakes combine with 12mm thru-axles on the front and rear for an elevated level of stiffness and braking performance.
Roval's top of the range CLX 32 wheels feature a lightweight carbon fibre construction and a wider rim profile for optimised levels traction and rolling efficiency.
Never ones to be satisfied by just the 'standard' set of features, the Specialized S-Works Roubaix eTap Road Bike 2017 also features SWAT storage above the bottom bracket. This aerodynamic and slimline case is perfect for storing like an inner tube, multi tool and tyre levers without the need for an unsightly saddle bag.
- Featuring Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary responsiveness and smooth ride quality that you'd expect from a Roubaix. The S-Works FACT 11r frameset is Specialized's highest quality carbon frame, offering the ideal blend of light overall weight and targeted stiffness, while the all-new Future Shock "suspension" system at the cockpit delivers a revolutionary degree of comfort and control.
- An S-Works Roubaix Disc fork is built from Specialized's top-end FACT 11r carbon fibre for supreme stiffness, strength, and reactivity, while a thru-axle design only stands to bolster all of the above.
- SRAM Red® eTap 11-speed shifters provide a glimpse into the future of shifting and double as brake levers for the SRAM Red hydraulic disc brakes. They communicate wirelessly with the front and rear derailleurs for a ground-breaking level of performance while offering new, intuitive shift capabilities.
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized S-Works FACT 11r carbon, Endurance Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel
- FORK: Specialized Roubaix disc, FACT 11r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle
- HEADSET: Specialized
- STEM: Specialized S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized S-Works Hover Carbon, 15mm rise, 125mm drop, 75mm reach
- TAPE: Specialized S-Wrap Roubaix with sticky gel
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Red eTap Hydraulic Disc
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Red eTap Hydraulic Disc
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM Red eTap Hydro
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: SRAM Red eTap, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM Red eTap, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM RedeTap Hydro
- CASSETTE: SRAM Red 22, 11-28t
- CHAIN: SRAM Red 22, 11-speed
- CRANKSET: SRAM Red 22 50/34t
- PEDALS: N/A
- FRONT WHEEL: Roval CLX 32 Disc, thru-axle, 2Bliss Ready
- REAR WHEEL: Roval CLX 32 Disc, thru-axle, 2Bliss Ready
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized S-Works Turbo 2Bliss Ready, 700x26mm, 180TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt Protection, Gripton, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Specialized S-Works Turbo 2Bliss Ready, 700x26mm, 180TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt Protection, Gripton, clincher
- SADDLE: Specialized S-Works Phenom GT, carbon rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized CG-R, FACT carbon, single bolt, 27.2mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 680237
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more