Specialized Sagan Collection S-Works Venge Disc Frameset 2019
The Specialized Sagan Collection S-Works Venge Disc Frameset is a seriously fast, aerodynamic option that has been designed to weigh as little as possible. According to Specialized, a bike this aerodynamic can't be any lighter.
The FACT 11r carbon fibre tube shapes have been designed by a supercomputer, using an algorithm that configures the frameset to be as aerodynamic as possible. Rider-First engineering makes sure each size in the range handles and performs to the same exacting standards that pro riders like Peter Sagan demand. It's compliant where it needs to be, and impressively stiff elsewhere to ensure top power transfer and race winning handling.
- Using an optimisation algorithm and a super-computer, Specialized created new airfoil shapes with different weights, surface areas, and structural targets. Armed with the FreeFoil Shape Library, they could plug them into the different parts of the bike and test a variety of configurations to determine the fastest setup in the Win Tunnel
- Rider-First Engineered™ tubes greatly contribute to the reduction in weight and generate a higher stiffness-to-weight ratio and provide 40% more compliance than the ViAS
- 32mm-wide tyre clearance for further compliance
- Compared to Specialized's former fastest aero road bike (the Venge ViAS), the new Venge is eight seconds faster over 40km at zero degrees of yaw
- Lighter than the ViAS; 240 grams in the frame, 25 grams in the fork, 107 grams in the cockpit, 25 grams in the seatpost, and 63 grams in small parts, making it the fastest option when you need to go up, down, and all around
|FRAME||Specialized S-Works FACT 11r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, Win Tunnel engineered, internal electric only cable routing, OSBB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|FORK||Specialized S-Works FACT 11r carbon, 100x12mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|SEATPOST||Specialized 2019 S-Works Venge aero seatpost, FACT carbon, Di2-compatible|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||OSBB, CeramicSpeed bearings|