Thomson Carbon 31.8 Riser Handlebar
With a refined, full carbon composition and ergonomic shape, the Thomson Carbon 31.8 Riser Handlebar offers all of the strength and comfort required for any adventure across the trails.
The construction makes use of three different types of Toray carbon fibre and bonds these with Nano epoxy to grant exactly the right amounts of lateral stiffness and vertical compliance to specific areas of the bar. The results are increased line accuracy through technical terrain and improved comfort across heavily rutted surfaces.
Manufactured around an EPS mandrel, carbon wrinkling inside the bar and subsequent weak spots are eradicated. At the same time, woven bar ends greatly enhance resilience to impact damage from falls associated with intense off-road riding.
A universal width, subtle rise and modest backsweep grant comfort and control to a full spectrum of riders, regardless of their size and strength.
- A strong, light and comfortable carbon handlebar suitable for all mountain and trail riding and light enough for racing
- Three different types of Toray carbon fibre are utilised in different zones to allocate more stiffness or more flex to specific zones
- Advanced carbon manufacturing process uses an internal EPS mandrel to avoid material wrinkling and subsequent weak spots
- 1.5K woven impact ends prevent damage from crashes or when shortening the bar to a preferred width
- 31.8mm clamping diameter
- 750mm width, 15mm rise, 8 degree backsweep, 5 degree upsweep
- Claimed manufacturers weight: 215 grams