Thomson Carbon Road/Cross Handlebar
The Thomson Carbon Road and Cross Handlebar offers a strong and lightweight construction and an ergonomic format that is suitable for all road and cyclocross applications.
Three different types of Toray carbon fibre are used in the construction, each positioned in line with specific stiffness or compliance requirements. The results are high levels of torsional stiffness for steering precision and out-of-the-saddle acceleration and sublime amounts of vertical compliance across rougher surfaces. This bar is realised with a true one-piece construction and is formed around an EPS mandrel during manufacturing to reduce internal wrinkles and subsequent weak spots. Impact resistance is granted by the use of Nano epoxy while woven handlebar ends resist damage in the event of scuffs and scrapes.
A progressive drop shape gives a comfortable hold no matter the hand size while flat sections underneath the tops provide a convenient space for brake and gear housing to be neatly taped. These bars permit the use of auxiliary cross-style brake levers without risking damage to the bar's structural integrity.
- A strong, light and comfortable carbon handlebar suitable for all cyclocross and road bike builds
- Three types of Toray carbon fibre are combined with Nano epoxy to grant stiffness and flex precisely where required and high impact resistance
- True one-piece construction is made over an EPS mandrel, as opposed to a bladder to minimise internal wrinkles and weak spots
- 1.5K woven impact ends help prevent damage to unidirectional fibres from impact
- Progressive drop bar shape and round tops profile give multiple hand hold options for comfort and control within any scenario
- Certified for auxiliary, cross bike brake lever use
- Twin flat sections on the bottom of the top section allow neat brake and gear hosing installation
- 78.5mm reach
- 131mm drop (40cm), 133mm drop (42cm), 135mm drop (44cm)
- 31.8mm clamping diameter
- Widths are measured centre to centre at the hoods clamping section
- Claimed manufacturers weight: 202 grams (40cm), 210 grams (42cm), 216 grams (44cm)
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.