Trek Checkpoint AL 4 Disc Gravel Bike 2019
The Trek Checkpoint AL 4 Disc Gravel Bike is part of a new breed that lets you explore new roads, new trails and new horizons. The clever engineering and specific features make it just as comfortable tackling your winter commute as it is handling rooted woodland trails or fast corners on loose gravel.
Well-positioned mount points for both racking and water bottle cages enable you to fully customise how you want to carry extra accessories on long or multi-day rides, so that you can set the bike up specifically to suit the requirements of the ride and meet your comfort needs - have everything you will need exactly where you will need it.
The lightweight Trek Alpha 200 Series Aluminium, combined with a dependable full Shimano Tiagra groupset with 11-32t cassette and compact 50/34t chainset will make easy work of the climbs and the flat mount Shimano hydraulic disc brakes maximise control and handling on descents, even with a full load. 12mm thru-axles further enhance stiffness and power transfer.
The innovative Trek Stranglehold Dropout technology lets you manipulate the wheelbase length by up to 15 mm in order to adapt the ride feel to suit your needs - longer for a more relaxed feel over wide rolling terrain, shorter for tighter responsiveness on more technical trails. And you can easily switch to single-speed for a simplified setup.
The massive tyre clearance of the frame and forks, make it feasible to run anything from a 28c for fast tarmac to a 45c width for improved traction, stability and rolling momentum over very rough stuff. Even more potential surfaces and routes now come into play, giving this bike almost limitless potential.
- Lightweight Trek Alpha 200 Series Aluminium frame
- Trek Checkpoint carbon disc fork
- Intelligent mounting points for racks and bottle cages let you maximise capacity for accessories and water
- Massive tyre clearance - 28-45c width range
- Trek Stranglehold Dropout lets you dictate the geometry and ride feel
- Shimano Tiagra groupset
- Shimano flat mount hydraulic disc brakes
- Internal routing protects cables from the additional debris of rough routes and gravel
- FRAME: Trek Alpha 200 series aluminium, tapered head-tube, BB86.5, flat mount disc brakes, 12 mm thru-axle, internal cable routing, with rack mounts and hidden mudguard mounts
- FORK: Trek Checkpoint carbon disc, tapered steerer, flat mount disc brakes, rack mounts, hidden mudguard mounts, 12 mm thru axle
- STEM: Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, with computer and light mounts
- HANDLEBAR: Bontrager Comp VR-C, 31.8mm
- BAR TAPE: Bontrager tape
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano RS405 flat mount hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano RS405 flat mount hydraulic disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Tiagra
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Tiagra
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Tiagra, 10-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano Tiagra, 11-32,10-speed
- CHAIN: Shimano Tiagra
- CRANKSET: Shimano Tiagra, 50/34 (compact)
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Sealed Cartridge
- PEDALS: N/A
- FRONT WHEEL: Bontrager Affinity, Tubeless Ready, 24h
- REAR WHEEL: Bontrager Affinity, Tubeless Ready, 24h
- FRONT TYRE: Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x 32c clincher
- REAR TYRE: Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x 32c clincher
- SADDLE: Bontrager Arvada Comp, steel rails
- SEATPOST: Bontrager-Approved, alloy, 27.2mm
- WEIGHT: 56 cm - 10.56 kg (23.28 lbs)
PRODUCT REF: 936035
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more