Trek Checkpoint ALR 5 Disc Gravel Bike 2019
The Trek Checkpoint ALR 5 Gravel Bike is engineered specifically for all-road capability, opening up new opportunities to explore previously unridden places. Trek’s exceptional 300 Series Alpha Aluminum is ideally balanced for stiffness and weight, making it strong and durable, even under the stresses of a full adventure load.
The innovative Stranglehold Dropout design lets you adjust the wheelbase and fine-tune the geometry to best suit your preferred ride feel. Furthermore, it’s easy to swap-in a single-speed setup for those who want to simplify the mechanics. When it comes to tackling the steep climbs though, the Shimano 105 50/34 compact chainset and 11-speed, 11-34 cassette, will keep the legs turning and maintain traction over the steepest roads.
The huge tyre clearance gives you optimal flexibility to fit the right treads to suit the terrain, whether that’s a 28c for cruising tarmac or all the way up to a 45c for maximum traction and control over very harsh trails. The bike comes fitted with industry-respected Schwalbe G-One Allround 35 c tyres and the Bontrager rims are tubeless-ready for an extra bit of confidence when rolling over flinty gravel.
Cleverly positioned mounting points for both bottle cages and racking allow for many configuration options when packing your extra accessories and water on multi-day adventures. Customise your kit mounts to position everything you need right where you will need it.
- Lightweight Trek Alpha 300 Series Aluminium frame
- Trek Checkpoint carbon disc fork with 12 mm thru-axle for added stiffness
- Intelligent mounting points for racks and bottle cages let you maximise capacity for accessories and water
- Massive tyre clearance - 28-45c width range
- Trek Stranglehold Dropout lets you dictate the geometry and ride feel
- Reliable Shimano 105 components
- Shimano flat mount hydraulic disc brakes
- Industry-respected Schwalbe G-One Allround tyres
- Internal routing protects cables from the additional debris of rough routes and gravel
- FRAME: Trek 300 Series Alpha Aluminium, tapered head tube, BB86.5, flat mount disc brakes, Stranglehold dropouts, 12 mm thru axle, Control Freak, internal cable routing, 3S chain keeper
- FORK: Trek Checkpoint carbon disc, alloy tapered steerer, flat mount disc brakes, rack mounts, hidden mudguard mounts, 12 mm thru axle
- STEM: Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, with computer and light mounts
- HANDLEBAR: Bontrager RL IsoZone VR-CF, 31.8 mm
- BAR TAPE: Bontrager tape
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano RS505 flat mount hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano RS505 flat mount hydraulic disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano RS505, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano HG800, 11-34,11-speed
- CHAIN: Shimano HG600, 11-speed
- CRANKSET: Shimano 105, 50/34 (compact)
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Shimano Press-fit
- FRONT WHEEL: Bontrager Tubeless Ready, Bontrager alloy sealed bearing hub, 12 mm alloy axle, CenterLock
- REAR WHEEL: Bontrager Tubeless Ready, Bontrager alloy sealed bearing hub, 12 mm alloy axle, CenterLock
- FRONT TYRE: Schwalbe G-One Allround, aramid bead, 700 x 35c clincher
- REAR TYRE: Schwalbe G-One Allround, aramid bead, 700 x 35c clincher
- SADDLE: Bontrager Montrose Comp
- SEATPOST: Bontrager-Approved, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 8 mm offset
- WEIGHT: 56 cm - 9.89 kg (21.8 lbs)
PRODUCT REF: 936089
Requesting the size guide for this item.
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more