absoluteBLACK Premium Oval Shimano 4 Bolt Inner Chainring 9100
The absoluteBLACK Premium Oval Chainring is the perfect addition to your set up to help relieve stress on the knees and deliver a better climbing experience. Compatible with four bolt Shimano DA9100 and R8000 chainsets, this inner chainring improves pedalling efficiency helping to eliminate the dead spot.
Ride with fresher legs for longer, as pedalling consistency is achieved by the unique layout of the series of radiuses around the chainring. Effectively, the largest radius is located where the stroke is at it's strongest and the smallest radius is positioned in the dead spot. The result is a pedalling motion that feels great and delivers consistently throughout the full revolution.
The chance of incurring knee pain is lowered since the stress on the legs is reduced right where you need it, at the dead spot. This inner chainring improves climbing performance and promotes higher pedalling cadence, reducing rider fatigue.
absoluteBLACK's size recommendations:
- 34T inner chainring should be used with 50T outer ring. It has 6.5% ovality. Use a 34T to help with spinning at higher cadence and hilly terrain.
- 36T inner chainring can be used with 50 or 52T outer ring. It has 11.4% ovality. Use a 36T if you’re a strong rider or for rolling terrain.
- 38T inner chainring should be used with 52T outer ring. It has 11.4% ovality. Use a 38T if you’re a very strong rider or for flat terrain.
- 39T inner chainring should be used with 53T outer ring. It has 11% ovality. Use a 39T if you’re a very strong rider or for flat terrain.
- Ramps on big rings are specially configured for combinations: 50/34, 52/36, 52/38, 53/39T
- Other configurations will also work, but shifting will be slower and may require more adjustments of front derailleur.
- Shimano recommend a maximum 16T difference between two chainrings.
- One of a kind special oval shape that helps you climb easier and faster
- Over 15% stiffer than Rotor Q-rings due to thicker, 5mm construction
- Bespoke absoluteBLACK 6 point ramp and recess shifting design shifts better than any other brand and model of oval chainring
- Finest design that provides excellent strength to weight ratio
- Oval shape cannot be felt while pedaling
- Pedaling action feels smoother
- Helps reduce stress on knees, keeping legs fresher for longer
- Helps to maintain better cadence while climbing
- Reduces the possibility of leg cramps
- Typically reduces requirement for Chainring/cog shifts by at least 15%
- Weight: 34T - 31 grams / 36T - 37 grams / 38T - 41 grams / 39T - 42 grams
PRODUCT REF: ROV9100-INNER-4
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more