Altra Lone Peak 5 LTD Edition Womens Trail Running Shoes
Celebrating 10 years in the running shoe business, Altra’s Lone Peak 5 LTD Edition Womens Trail Running Shoes combine modern technology with a few nods to the original design.
The MaxTrac outsole offers fantastic off-road grip and good durability, with lugs positioned underneath the metatarsals for better toe-off traction whilst the EGO midsole offers great energy return through the stride. By placing the heel and forefoot the same distance from the ground, Altra’s Balanced Cushioning Platform encourages good form and better alignment, aided by the external TPU support at the heel. This not only reduces fatigue but also prevents long term injuries.
Wider at the front than many running shoes, the FootShape toe box design allows the toes to spread out more for greater comfort and stability. A Gaitertrap tab on the front of each shoe is provided for strapless gaiter attachment to prevent loose stones from getting inside the shoes and the midsole StoneGuard prevents sharp objects from causing discomfort under the foot.
- A rugged trail running shoe that is light, energetic and grippy
- The EGO midsole cushions and delivers a lively rebound
- The Balanced Cushioning midsole platform gives optimal alignment, better form and low impact landings
- FootShape toe box allows the toes to naturally spread out and positions the big toe for extra stability and power
- Grippy rubber MaxTrac outsole has an aggressive, multi-direction lug pattern for extra traction
- External TPU heel gives extra support and durability
- A StoneGuard, integrated into the midsole, protects the soles of the feet from sharp trail obstacles
- Throwback mesh upper
- Gaitertrap tab
- Midsole cushioning: Moderate
- Stack height: 25mm
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 251 grams, per shoe, size UK 7.5