Bell Sixer MIPS MTB Helmet
Bell’s Sixer MIPS MTB Helmet is a premium trail riding option with excellent protection, comfort and ventilation. The MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) protects the head and brain against the damage caused by glancing or oblique impacts by allowing the helmet to twist around on the skull without transmitting the forces, thus keeping the head isolated from damage. Improved protection against more normal impacts is provided by Bell’s Progressive Layering technology, which utilises layers of varying density foam and thin shells to absorb and dissipate hits.
Comfort and fit are well catered for by the lightweight Float Fit Race cradle system which provides a wide range of adjustment from the dial to ensure that the helmet is secure on the head, with the No-Twist Tri-Glide buckles holding the straps in the optimum, flat position. 26 vents and 4 brow ports keep the air flowing through the helmet on sweaty climbs and preventing glasses or goggles from fogging up. There is also an integrated helmet mount for great videos, with breakaway bolts protecting the rider in the event of an impact.
- Integrated MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) - MIPS is designed to reduce rotational forces that can result from certain impacts
- Fusion In-Mould polycarbonate shell - A process pioneered by Bell bonds the helmet's outer shell to the EPS foam liner to create a sturdier helmet.
- Exposed polycarbonate roll cage
- Progressive Layering utilising two layers of foam: a hard layer against the outer shell closer to the point of potential impact, and a less dense layer closer to the head. Each layer has a thin hard shell moulded into it
- Float Fit Race - A state-of-the-art lightweight fit system featuring seamless integration with MIPS, an easy-to-turn dial, wide-range vertical adjustment and padded width-adjustable cradles
- No-Twist Tri-Glides: Quick-adjust fasteners that help keep straps flat and properly positioned
- Dual Flow Ventilation features air ports along the brow to provide ventilation and help defog goggles
- 26 helmet vents, 4 brow ports
- 4-Position adjustable visor: The no-slip design allows on-the-fly adjustments so the rider can position visor at desired angle with a simple tug up or down
- Integrated breakaway camera mount requiring no zip ties or tape, designed to "break away" upon impact to reduce the risk of injury
- CE EN1078 certified
- Claimed manufacturer weight: 395 grams size medium