Highly breathable and offering exceptional wet weather protection, this fabric is both light and soft to the touch.
Store your ride essentials securely in the well proportioned pockets with reflective accents and laser-cut drain holes to keep you seen and your essentials dry.
Reduces the chances of moisture entering through the garments stitching, with minimal seams to further improve protection.
Preventing wind and water from entering through the wrist, the cuffs have been designed to work seamlessly with gloves.
Castelli Alpha ROS 2 Jacket
Castelli’s warmest and most advanced jacket, the Alpha ROS 2 brings together warmth, breathability and weather protection in a single piece for ease of use and comfort when the temperatures are strictly single digit. Its close-fitting, racy cut is far nicer to ride in than a flappy windproof or waterproof jacket, and its one-stop weatherproof solution reduces the amount of mid-ride faffing as conditions change.
The jacket uses a double layer construction to cleverly separate the insulation and protective fabrics for increased breathability and versatility. The outer fabric is Gore-Tex Infinium™ Windstopper® 150, which uses a breathable membrane to provide the weather resistance, and with the most exposed seams taped, it provides an effective barrier against all but the heaviest, most prolonged rain. Sewn into this, but separate at the front, is a grid fleece layer which provides extra insulation to the core whilst remaining hugely breathable. As the outer jacket and inner layer can be zipped up to different levels individually, the potential for balancing the precise level of warmth and airflow is huge and can be done without exposing bare skin or the base layer. When the Windstopper layer is unzipped, the rear vents also come into play for enhanced cooling.
Castelli has also paid close attention to the details, with the double-cuff construction designed to provide an effective seal around gloves and the high collar keeping any chill off the neck. The stretchy waist and silicone grippers work to keep the jacket from riding up and to retain any warm air whilst still being flexible and unrestrictive.
- Rain or Shine (RoS) engineering
- Gore-Tex Infinium™ Windstopper® 150 fabric for wind protection with high breathability and effective rain protection
- Reduced seaming with seam sealing on shoulders reduces chances for water to enter through stitching
- Double-layer Alpha construction separates the insulating layer from wind/water barrier to let you better regulate ventilation
- Water-resistant YKK® Vislon® zipper slides easily for better regulation of airflow
- Raw-edge waist with silicone gripper lies flat and seals out wind
- Double-layer cuff integrates with a glove to prevent cold wind or water from entering at the wrist
- Stretch fabrics with advanced patterning make for an excellent close-to-body fit that still accommodates a wide range of body types
- Back ventilation
- Three rear pockets with reflective laser-cut drain holes
- Zippered secure side pocket for valuables
- Manufacturer's recommended temperature range: -5°-10°C / 23°-50°F
- Manufacturer's claimed weight: 525 grams (size large)
Castelli Alpha ROS 2 Jacket Sizing
Unable to display Reviews due to Privacy Settings.
Adjust your Cookie Preferences to Opt-in "YES" to "Functional Cookies".