Castelli Free Protect Race Bib Short
The Castelli Free Protect Race Bib Short borrows technology from the Free Aero Race 4 and adds extra protection against road rash in your most exposed areas. Despite the additional materials, the short remains light and can still be worn on warm summer rides and races. Vortex fabric makes up the outer layer of the side panels, and a Dyneema® ripstop grid inner is highly resistant to tearing. The two layers in themselves are a benefit, one long adopted by track cyclists, in wearing two pairs of shorts, so the force of the impact slides between the two layers rather than against your skin. On the inner leg, Forza fabric with a high Lycra content ensures a close yet unrestrictive fit.
On the upper, mesh bib straps keep things light and minimal, and on the leg, a Giro4 gripper holds the short secure. A Progetto X² Air Seamless seat pad maximises comfort in the saddle. Whether your ride is one hour or eight, abrasion is prevented and shock absorbed, thanks to a combination of foam and gel inserts, plus a soft skin-care top layer.
- Double-layer side panels for extra protection in the event of a fall
- A special smooth layer of our Vortex fabric backed by a stretch woven fabric featuring a Dyneema® ripstop grid
- Forza fabric on inner legs with 38% Lycra® content for perfect fit
- Stripe mesh engineered minimalist bib construction to keep you cool
- Giro4 leg gripper elastic for better grip distributed over larger area
- Doppio V construction in front for increased support and comfort
- Flat-lock stitching
- Progetto X² Air Seamless seat pad
- Ideal temperature range: 15°-32°C / 59°-90°F
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 203 grams (large)
Castelli Free Protect Race Bib Short Sizing
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.