Chris King R45D Centerlock 100x12mm Thru Axle Ceramic Front Disc Hub
Chris King products have an enviable reputation, thanks to their fastidious attention to detail. The R45D Centerlock 100x12mm Thru Axle Ceramic Front Disc Hub exemplifies this with its super free-rolling bearings. The races that the ceramic bearings sit on are not only made from surgical grade steel, but are machined using tooling of equal wear so that the inner and outer races are as perfectly matched as possible. What this means is that there is the absolute minimum of friction within the hub, which of course means less effort needed to propel the wheel forward.
The R45D hub is compatible with Centrelock disc brake rotors for powerful, reliable stopping power and the 12mm through axle benefits both the braking and steering performance by locking the wheel into the forks securely. On top of the five year warranty the hubs are fully serviceable, and can be adapted to 9mm quick release so that they can give sterling service ride after ride.
- Engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland, Oregon USA
- Legendary made-in-house bearings
- Five year built-to-last warranty
- 100mm x 12mm thru axle (convertible to 9mm quick release)
- Easily serviceable and completely re-buildable with the R45 Hub Service Tool