COROS Apex Premium Multisport 42mm GPS Watch
The COROS Apex Premium Multisport 42mm GPS Watch is a stylish option that looks and performs just as well in the office or out on the trails.
With steel and titanium finishing touches and a sapphire glass case, the Apex embodies its premium title and COROS's new button layout makes the Apex significantly more comfortable to navigate. Their previous generations used a five-button structure; this has now been replaced by a scrollable dial, similar to the Apple Watch design, that lets you quickly skim through data or zoom into a map with ease. COROS's map function has both a track and navigation feature; routes are uploaded from the accompanying app and displayed on the watch using a grid layout. Your activity leaves a breadcrumb trail, and the watch face shows real-time information on your heading, elevation and even shows alerts to help you get back on course.
A new feature to be premiered in the APEX is COROS' own, Intelligent Stride Algorithm. This feature uses machine learning to record your range of motion while running, creating a personal stride model. This model then fills gaps in your data when you have a weak GPS signal or when training indoors to give you the most accurate depiction of your exertion possible. COROS also personalises your training plans based on another unique algorithm that factors in lactate threshold, VO2 Max and heart rate. After a workout, the APEX will use your historical training data combined with information from that days exercise like pace, distance and heart rate to calculate a perceived effort for the day and recommend an optimum recovery time.
Where other watches need consistent charging to function well, the Apex lasts well beyond the realms of your daily workout, meaning you can confidently leave the charger at home. In the UltraMax battery setting, you can use GPS data for up to 100 hours, perfect for ultra-distance or multi-day races where you might be miles away from any source of power. The watch will last up to 30 days in regular mode, and this still includes constant heart rate and sleep tracking, step measurement, smart notifications and triggering the backlight.
Finally, fans of the track will be pleased to know that the new Track Run mode works regardless of which lane you run in and can give the most accurate track data on the market. This feature uses another in-house algorithm that COROS says is as accurate as a stopwatch. When your track run is over, COROS will show smooth straight lines and progressive turns around corners, unlike other watches or apps, which can show random sharp corners across the track or zigzagging from side to side.
- Indoor Run
- Trail Run
- Track Run
- Mountain Climb
- Hike, Bike
- Indoor Bike
- Pool Swim
- Open Water
- Gym Cardio
- GPS Cardio
- Ski / Ski Touring / XC Ski
- Strength Training
- Display size: 1.1"
- Screen resolution: 218 x 218 pixels (64 colours)
- Display type: Memory LCD
- Screen material: Sapphire glass
- Bezel material: Stainless steel
- Strap material: Silicone
- Quick-release bands: 20mm
- Physical size: 42.00 x 42.00 x 11.75mm
- Manufacturer claimed weight with silicone band: 49 grams
- Phone connection: Bluetooth
- Accessory connection: ANT+/Bluetooth
- Navigation: GPS/QZSS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- Sensors: Optical Heart Rate Monitor, Barometric Altimeter, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass
- Water Resistance: 10ATM (100 metres/328 feet)
- Working temperature: -10°C to 60°C
- Storage temperature: -20°C to 70°C
- Charging time: Less than two hours
- Battery life: Up to 80-100 hours in UltraMax GPS mode / Up to 25-35 hours in full GPS mode / Up to 24-30 days for regular use