ENVE SES 3.4 NBT Tubular Wheelset Chris King R45 Hub
Supreme ride feel, a lightweight construction and improved responsiveness when accelerating, climbing, cornering and braking are all reasons riders choose a tubular setup and ENVE's SES 3.4 NBT Tubular Wheelset with Chris King R45 Hubs fulfils these requirements perfectly. Weighing an exceptionally low 1357 grams for the wheelset, the ENVE 3.4 is ideal for climbing and mountainous terrain.
Utilising ENVE's newest and most advanced brake track technology increases friction between the brake track and pad resulting in the need for 30% less lever force for same stopping power of other carbon brake tracks. This construction sets new standards in carbon braking and the fast dispersal of water off the surface means that braking in the wet is almost equal to that in the dry. Carbon rims can overheat far quicker than an aluminium braking surface but the high-temp resin system eliminates this issue so you can take long descents and brake heavily without any worries.
Chris King's R45 hub has been designed as a lightweight road racing hub, engages almost instantly and offers exceptional power transfer. The made-in-house steel bearings are legendary and ensure that you'll roll smooth and fast.
This versatile wheelset not only performs well on the climbs, it also offers an aerodynamic advantage and excellent stability in all conditions. The front rim is shallower, with a 38mm depth, and the rear is 42mm deep to enhance aerodynamics. The external rim width of 27.5mm has been optimised for use with 25mm tyres for lower rolling resistance and enhanced comfort and traction.
- Near equal wet and dry braking performance
- 30% less lever force required for the same stopping power
- Advanced high-temp resin system eliminates heat build-up issues during heavy braking on long descents
- Second generation SES rim profile
- Exceptional stability in gusty conditions
- Chris King R45 hubs with made-in-house steel bearings
- Class leading balance of aero versus weight
- Refined depth ratio of 38mm front to 42mm rear
- Optimised for 25mm tyres
Includes: Specific ENVE Black Carbon Brake Pads (QR Skewers available separately).
- Tubular wheelset
- Material: Carbon fibre
- Rim depth: 38mm (front) / 42mm (rear)
- External rim width: 27.5mm (front and rear)
- Effective rim diameter: 580mm (front) / 573mm (rear)
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray J-bend
- Spoke count: 20 (front) / 24 (rear)
- Recommended tyre size: 25mm
- 10/11-Speed compatible Chris King R45 freehub
- Shimano/SRAM and Campagnolo compatible
- Weight: 605 grams (front) / 752 grams (rear) / 1357 grams (wheelset)
- Rim weight: 402 grams (front) / 409 grams (rear) / 811 grams (wheelset)
- Includes: Specific ENVE Black Carbon Brake Pads (QR Skewers available separately)
PRODUCT REF: 818420
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more