ENVE SES 3.4 Thru Axle Disc Wheelset Ceramic Chris King R45 Hubs
Climb in your fastest times yet, and take on fast descents safe in the knowledge of supreme stability and powerful braking, with ENVE's SES 3.4 Thru Axle Disc Wheelset. With a high quality construction and precision engineered components, this is a highly versatile wheelset suitable for racing and training in all weather conditions.
Chris King hubs one of the highlights of this wheelset, the R45's are lightweight, designed for road racing and are the perfect complement for the SES 3.4's. Unmatched engagement and efficient power transfer are combined with legendary made-in-house ceramic bearings and result in an outstanding feel on every ride. Easily serviced and re-buildable, you'll get years of use out of these high-quality hubs.
The disc-specific road rims result in a lighter construction, improved lateral stiffness and increased impact resistance. With an overall wheelset weight equal to that of the rim brake version, the weight is shifted to the hub for improves braking, accelerating and cornering responsiveness.
With a 27.5mm external rim width optimised for 25mm tyres, and a tubeless-ready construction, you will benefit from reduced rolling resistance, enhanced puncture protection, comfort and traction. The slightly shallower 38mm front rim increases stability, reducing the effect of strong crosswinds, and the rear 42mm rim reduces drag, making this a great choice no matter the conditions.
- The fastest carbon fibre Smart ENVE System aero wheel
- Second generation SES rim profile
- Disc-specific construction with no brake tracks
- Stability in gusty conditions
- Chris King R45 hubs with ceramic bearings
- Optimised for 25mm tyres
- Tubeless-ready clincher
- Material: Carbon fibre
- Rim depth: 38mm (front) / 42mm (rear)
- Internal rim width: 21mm (front and rear)
- External rim width: 27.5mm (front and rear)
- Effective rim diameter: 580mm (front) / 573mm (rear)
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray J-bend
- Spoke count: 24 (front) / 24 (rear)
- Recommended tyre size: 25mm (fits 23mm - 25mm)
- Rotor mounting: Centre lock
- Front axle compatibility: Thru axle 100 x 12mm
- Rear axle compatibility: Thru axle 142 x 12mm
- 10/11-Speed compatible Chris King R45 freehub with ceramic bearings
- Shimano/SRAM compatible
- Claimed rim weight: 390 grams (front) / 397 grams (rear) / 787 grams (wheelset)
- Approximate weight: 674 grams (front) / 802 grams (rear) / 1477 grams (wheelset)