ENVE SES 4.5 NBT Clincher Wheelset with Chris King R45 Black Hub
If you're looking for wheels that offer top level performance in all conditions, on all terrains, and that are suited to both racing and training, ENVE's SES 4.5 NBT Clincher Wheelset with Chris King R45 Black Hubs is a versatile option.
For the 48mm and 56mm (front and rear respectively) rim depths, these are extremely stable and fast wheels, and the new second generation SES rim profile has a revised curvature and increased width, optimised for 25mm tyres. Air flows smoothly over the rim for stability even in the strongest sidewinds.
Chris King's R45 hubs are built to be as light as possible and are a popular choice for road racing wheelsets. Fast engagement and extremely efficient power transfer are combined with smooth, fast rolling, resulting from the legendary made-in-house steel bearings. These hubs will be with you for years to come as they are easily serviced and completely rebuildable when the need arises.
Setting a new standard in carbon wheels, the braking surface is engineered from ENVE's new moulded brake track. The increased friction that this material brings means you need to apply 30% lever force for the same braking performance of other carbon rims. On top of this, water clears quickly for enhanced performance on both dry and wet roads, and the heat-resistant resin prevents heat build-up when braking heavily.
- Near equal wet and dry braking performance
- 30% less lever force required for the same stopping power
- Advanced high-temp resin system eliminates heat build-up issues during heavy braking on long descents
- Second generation SES rim profile
- Exceptional stability in gusty conditions
- Chris King R45 hubs with made-in-house bearings
- Class-leading balance of aero versus weight
- Refined depth ratio of 48mm front to 56mm rear
- Optimised for 25mm tyres
Includes: Specific ENVE Black Carbon Brake Pads (QR Skewers available separately).
Please note: The manufacturer does not recommend using latex inner tubes with carbon clincher wheels. Using latex tubes may void your warranty.
- Tubeless-ready clincher
- Material: Carbon fibre
- Rim depth: 48mm (front) / 56mm (rear)
- Internal rim width: 18.5mm (front) / 17mm (rear)
- External rim width: 27mm (front) / 25.5mm (rear)
- Effective rim diameter: 563mm (front) / 545mm (rear)
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray J-bend
- Spoke count: 20 (front) / 24 (rear)
- Recommended tyre size: 25mm (fits 23mm - 25mm)
- 10/11-Speed compatible Chris King R45 freehub with steel bearings
- Shimano/SRAM or Campagnolo compatible
- Weight: 678 grams (front) / 833 grams (rear) / 1511 grams (wheelset)
- Rim weight: 469 grams (front) / 489 grams (rear) / 958 grams (wheelset)
- Includes: Specific ENVE Black Carbon Brake Pads (QR Skewers available separately)