ENVE SES 5.6 Thru Axle Disc Clincher Wheelset with Chris King Hubs
For riders looking for top performance wheels to complete their disc brake road bike setup, ENVE's SES 5.6 Thru Axle Disc Clincher Wheelset with Chris King Hubs are lightweight, stiff and aerodynamic.
Weighing in at just 1528 grams, these wheels feature Chris King R45 hubs, specifically designed for enhancing your road racing performance. Engaging almost instantly, these hubs respond fast, so you'll be able to stay at the sharp end of a race, whether climbing, cornering or sprinting for the line. The legendary steel bearings are made-in-house and ensure an unmatched ride experience, rolling smooth and fast. Easily serviceable and even rebuildable, these hubs will be with you on every ride for years to come.
These clincher wheels have a tubeless-ready construction so you can run lower tyre pressures and take advantage of the benefits, namely increased traction and comfort and a far lower risk of punctures. The 29mm and 28mm external rims are optimised for 25mm tyres, further enhancing the above benefits, reducing rolling resistance and increasing efficiency.
A shallower front rim of 54mm increases stability, providing you with the confidence to ride in strong crosswinds, that can often be a problem with deep section rims. The rear 63mm depth slices efficiently through the wind with reduced drag and this blend will take you one step closer to your best performances, whether racing in the bunch or against the clock.
Apart from more powerful stopping, even in wet conditions, disc brakes setups have a number of advantages. ENVE's expertise in mountain bike wheel design is utilised in their disc-brake specific rim construction. With no requirement for a brake track, the rim can be made lighter, stronger and faster and, although the overall wheelset weight is similar, the mass is shifted to the hub. The result is increased responsiveness when cornering, accelerating and braking, as well as increased lateral stiffness and enhanced resistance to impact.
- The fastest carbon fibre Smart ENVE System aero wheel
- Second generation SES rim profile
- Disc-specific construction with no brake tracks
- Stability in gusty conditions
- Chris King R45 hubs
- All-new rim profiles of 54mm and 63mm
- Optimised for 25mm tyres
- ENVE valve extender
- 700c ENVE Rim Strip
- Tubeless-ready clincher
- Material: Carbon fibre
- Rim depth: 54mm (front) / 63mm (rear)
- Internal rim width: 19mm (front and rear)
- External rim width: 29mm (front) / 28mm (rear)
- Effective rim diameter: 550mm (front) / 533mm (rear)
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray J-bend
- Spoke count: 24 (front) / 24 (rear)
- Recommended tyre size: 25mm (fits 23mm - 28mm)
- Rotor mounting: Centre lock
- 10/11-Speed compatible Chris King R45 freehub
- Shimano/SRAM compatible
- Front axle compatibility: Thru axle 100 x 12mm
- Rear axle compatibility: Thru axle 142 x 12mm
- Claimed rim weight: 450 grams (front) / 470 grams (rear) / 920 grams (wheelset)
- Approximate weight: 727 grams (front) / 841 grams (rear) / 1568 grams (wheelset)
- FIVE-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty and Lifetime Loyalty Guarantee
PRODUCT REF: 819667
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more