ENVE 7.8 SES Carbon Road Clincher Wheelset with Chris King Hubs
ENVE's SES 7.8 NBT Clincher Wheelset with Chris King R45 Hubs is their fastest SES aero wheelset yet, and will give you that edge in road races and triathlons, whether that's sprinting for the line or racing against the clock for your best bike segment time.
The rims have been optimised for 25mm tyres, a now common choice among road riders for their reduced rolling resistance and increased grip and comfort. A wider profile, front rim depth of 71mm and rear of 80mm make this wheelset extremely aerodynamic but also incredibly stable so you'll still be able to take advantage of the benefits in the strongest crosswinds.
Chris King components are world renowned for their precision engineering and high-quality construction and the R45 hubs are no exception. Super fast engagement and efficient power transfer, combined with a lightweight build and made-in-house bearings, makes for a smooth, fast and responsive ride, every time. You'll get years of quality riding out of these hubs as they are easy to service and can be completely rebuilt when the time comes.
Setting new standards for carbon braking surfaces, the moulded brake track will give you 30% improved stopping power thanks to increased friction and, with fast clearance of water, you need not worry about poor performance in the wet. Carbon wheels can be troublesome when it comes to heavy braking, especially in hot conditions on long descents. A temperature-resistant resin eliminates this issue and prevents excessive build-up of heat.
- The fastest carbon fibre Smart ENVE System aero wheel
- Near equal wet and dry braking performance
- 30% less lever force required for the same stopping power
- Advanced high-temp resin system eliminates heat build-up issues during heavy braking on long descents
- Second generation SES rim profile
- Stability in gusty conditions
- Chris King R45 hubs
- Optimised for 25mm tyres
Includes: Specific ENVE Black Carbon Brake Pads (QR Skewers available separately).
Please note: The manufacturer does not recommend using latex inner tubes with carbon clincher wheels. Using latex tubes may void your warranty.
- Tubeless-ready clincher
- Material: Carbon fibre
- Rim depth: 71mm (front) / 80mm (rear)
- Internal rim width: 19mm (front and rear)
- External rim width: 29mm (front) / 27.5mm (rear)
- Effective rim diameter: 516mm (front) / 504mm (rear)
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray J-bend
- Spoke count: 20 (front) / 24 (rear)
- Recommended tyre size: 25mm (fits 23mm - 25mm)
- 10/11-Speed compatible Chris King R45 freehub
- Shimano/SRAM or Campagnolo compatible
- Weight: 779 grams (front) / 944 grams (rear) / 1723 grams (wheelset)
- Rim weight: 541 grams (front) / 578 grams (rear) / 1119 grams (wheelset)
- Includes: Specific ENVE Black Carbon Brake Pads (QR Skewers available separately)
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.