FOX 38 Float Performance 170 29 GRIP Tapered Fork
Finding its niche between the burly 36 and 40 platforms, the FOX 38 Float Performance 170 29 GRIP Tapered Fork is the answer to those seeking an aggressive fork that won’t shy away from drops, jumps and laps in the bike park. Best suited to the latest range of super-enduro bikes, this fork features an all-new 38mm chassis, which offers precise tracking and an exceptional stiffness to weight ratio.
Using a revised arch design, rigidity is improved, which is further bolstered through the use of an internal elliptical steerer shape. This fork is 20% more torsionally stiff than the 36, making it the pick of the bunch for many Enduro World Series riders, and the latest EVOL air spring increases the negative air chamber size for supple, sensitive fork performance. This encourages traction on rough trails and can be fitted with volume spacers to increase progression through the stroke.
Using an open-bath design, the GRIP damper is reliable and easy to adjust, with its compression adjustment dial offering simple, effective changes to enhance your riding on a wide range of terrain.
- New for the 38, steerer tube design incorporates elliptical shaping in taper zone, further maximising stiffness to weight ratio
- 29-inch specific model, 170mm of travel
- Revised air/oil channels
- Motocross inspired FIT GRIP sealed cartridge damper, featuring three-way compression adjustment
- Unique design maximises stiffness to weight and offers improved head tube clearance via radical new arch shape
- 31% stiffer transverse shear, 9% stiffer fore/aft and 20% torsionally stiffer than 36
- Updated EVOL air spring
- 58mm crown diameter to match modern frame shape profiles
- Aftermarket direct-mount mudguard available
- Optional lower leg bleed buttons sold separately
- 15QR x 110mm Boost