Fulcrum Speed 40C Wheelset
Fulcrum’s Speed 40C Wheelset combines low weight, state of the art carbon rims and super-smooth hubs, giving a high-quality ride and excellent performance. The carbon hubs roll on USB ceramic bearings with a fast-reacting Plasma freehub for instant pick-up out of corners and the rear spokes are laced in a two-to-one pattern to increase driveside responsiveness to power.
The carbon rim features Fulcrum’s AC3 brake track which uses micro laser incisions to provide a uniform level of friction for vastly improved braking in both wet and dry conditions. The combination of DRSC (Directionated Rim-Spoke Coupling) and their Anti-Rotation System means that the spokes not only remain tensioned evenly and precisely but also stay in the optimum orientation for aerodynamics, making the wheel stronger and faster. MoMag technology enables the rim to be constructed without holes in the rim bed but still use standard style nipples for ease of building. Magnets are used to move the nipple around the rim from the valve hole and into place, which can then be tensioned as normal.
- AC3 brake surface, MoMag rim without spoke holes
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Carbon
- Rim Depth: 40mm
- Internal Rim Width: 17mm
- External Rim Width: 24.2mm
- Spokes: Stainless steel, double-butted, front radial, rear two-to one
- Spoke Count: Front - 18, rear - 21 (7 left - 14 right)
- Hubs: Carbon, oversize flange and Plasma Freehub with USB ceramic bearings
- Recommended Tyre Size: 25mm - 50mm
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: 1,400 grams (wheelset)
- Compatibility: Campagnolo or Shimano/SRAM
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.