Garmin Edge 1030 GPS + Vector 3 Single Sided Power Meter Starter Bundle
Monitor you performances by adding power to your riding, and read your numbers on Garmins top-end head unit, with the Edge 1030 GPS + Vector 3S Single Sided Power Meter Bundle. The single sided measurement of your power from the pedal spindle is highly accurate, to +/- 1.0%, so you'll get precise measurement of your training and racing performance.
Upgrades from the Vector 2 pedals include integrating the housing of the sensory technology, eliminating the need for external pods. The result is ease of fitting and simplification of the switching between different bikes.
The pedals weigh in at just 316 grams and are suitable for all riders under 105 kilograms. Compatible with Keo cleats, there is an improved cornering clearance of 31.7 degrees and a lower stack height of 11.5mm, improving the connection between you and your bike.
The pedal will communicate with the Edge 1030 via ANT+ or Bluetooth, and, in addition, can be connected to any other compatible head unit. The latest Garmin GPS cycling computer, this unit offers an unmatched insight into your performance on the bike, as well as keeping you connected and providing top navigational features.
Rider to rider messaging allows you to message other riders using this unit, with just the push of a button, and, linking to your phone, you'll never miss another text again. As well as displaying power, you can connect a number of other monitors including heart rate and cadence, so you can obtain a complete and accurate insight into your performances. This is enhanced further by Training Peaks being pre-loaded and ready to use.
Popularity routing means your Garmin will select your route to a particular destination according to other cyclists preferred and most travelled routes. Turn by turn prompts and sharp turn ahead alerts improve your safety and ease of navigation and the Edge 1030 is preloaded with maps, while you can extend the countries covered by adding a MicroSD card.
Data is displayed on a 3.5" high-resolution colour touchscreen which is a simple and intuitive interface for interaction and flicking through screens. The option of audio prompts allows you to keep your eyes on the road ahead at all times.
The 20-hour battery life can be extended to 40 hours with the addition of an optional external battery pack so there'll be no need to worry about running out of power on the very longest rides.
Garmin Edge 1030:
- 3.5" high-resolution capacitive colour touchscreen
- Greatly improved waterproofing for more versatile use
- External battery available separately can boost battery life up to 20 hours
- ClimbPro: Helps you manage your effort by showing remaining ascent and grade during your climb
- MTB metrics: Will track your jump count, jump distance, hang time and more
- Get more data: See how your body is acclimating to the heat and altitude, track your nutrition, hydration and more
- Protect your ride with a new bike alarm, and take advantage of group messaging, incident detection and more (when paired with a compatible smartphone)
- More mountain bike-friendly than ever before
- Enhanced popularity routing for better riding
- Improved waterproofing
- Preloaded map with 20 countries included
- Ability to add maps from Strava
- Sharp turn ahead alerts
- ANT+ and Bluetooth compatible
Vector 3S pedals:
- 120-hour battery life
- +/- 1% accuracy
- Cleat type: Keo
- Q-factor: 53 or 55
- Stack height: 11.5 mm
- Cornering clearance: 31.7"
- Static friction: 1.9
- ANT+ and Bluetooth compatible
- Fully integrates into the Garmin universe
- Single sided power metering
IN THE BOX:
- Edge 1030
- Mounts (standard and extended out-front)
- USB cable
- Garmin Vector 3S pedals
- Keo cleats
Please note: The Garmin Edge 1030 as shipped is currently able to offer push messaging with Android and Window phones exclusively.