Garmin Varia Radar RTL515 Rear Light
Staying safe on the roads can be a concern, especially if cycling on busy roads or during long solo training rides. The Garmin Varia Radar RTL515 rear light promotes an extra, comprehensive level of safety to the rider via its advanced warning system and bright light combination.
Attached easily to the seatpost, the neat and discreet Varia RTL515 unit holds a rear-facing radar system that communicates wirelessly to Garmin Edge computers, compatible smartphones and other, select Garmin wearables. When paired with these devices, visual and audible alerts are emitted to notify that a vehicle is approaching from behind. Vehicles up to 140m away are detected to provide ample prior warning that extra attention and responsible road positioning is required imminently.
The rear-mounted Varia RTL515 unit also houses a rear light that has multiple brightness levels to suit the riding conditions. Of particular note are the day-flash and peloton modes with the prior providing an extra bright flash for daytime riding and the latter a low, eye-friendly beam for when cycling in a group.
A robust external casing and an IPX7 waterproof rating complete the unit by ensuring durability and reliability within even the harshest of riding conditions.
- Garmin Varia™ RTL515
- Mounting hardware
- This rearview radar alerts the rider of vehicles approaching from behind while the rear light provides increased visibility
- The radar system works seamlessly when paired to a Garmin Edge bike computer or compatible smartphone as well as select Garmin wearables
- When paired with a Garmin device the radar system provides visual and audible alerts that vehicles are approaching from behind up to 140 metres away
- When using with a smartphone, the Varia app provides graphics — plus tone and vibration alerts — to indicate the position and speed of approaching cars
- When used with a compatible smartphone, Varia radar integrates with your favourite apps, such as Ride with GPS to overlay your maps with rearview radar alerts
- The integrated rear light lets approaching vehicle see the rider clearly from up to a mile away via multiple light settings, including a super bright day-flash mode
- Peloton light mode option provides a low-intensity flash that is kind to other cyclists’ eyes when riding in a group
- Easily mount on almost any road bicycle, this device is sleek and compact
- Dimensions: 98.6 x 19.7 x 39.6 mm
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 71.0 grams
- Modes: solid, peloton, night flash, day flash
- Lumens: 20 - solid, 8 - peloton, 29 - night flash, 65 - day flash
- Battery life: 6 hours - solid, 8 hours - peloton, 6 hours - night flash, 16 hours - day flash
- ANT+ and Bluetooth compatible
- Water rating: IPX7
- Light Viewing angle: 220 degrees
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.