Hope Technology RD40 Carbon Clincher RS4 6 Bolt Disc Tubeless Ready Rear Wheel
Entirely hand-built in Barnoldswick using top quality materials and with the attention to detail Hope Technology is renowned for, the RD40 Carbon Clincher RS4 6 Bolt Tubeless Ready Rear Wheel is a stiff, strong and reliable option for your road or cyclocross bike. With 6-bolt disc brake compatibility, you can be sure of powerful braking confidence, and this clincher can be quickly and easily converted to tubeless (requires tape and valve), so you can run lower tyre pressures resulting in improved puncture protection and comfort, and reduced rolling resistance.
The RS4 hub features sealed stainless steel cartridge bearings, the shell is constructed from forged aluminium and the 2 pawl ratchet mechanism cuts drag for improved aerodynamics. Rolling smoothly, this hub has unmatched reliability and is laced to the 20FIVE rim with 24 Sapim CX-Ray black straight-pull spokes.
The 20FIVE carbon rim has a mid-depth of 40mm to provide a great combination of low weight and improved aerodynamic efficiency, while the 19mm internal and 26.5mm external rim width is optimised for larger volume road and cyclocross tyres.
With both Shimano/SRAM and Campagnolo options available, this wheel will suit all rider setups and is perfectly paired with the RD40 Carbon Clincher RS4 Disc Front Wheel.
- 700c carbon clincher, tubeless compatible (requires tape and valves)
- Wheel hand-built from start to finish in Barnoldswick
- Strong monocoque, unidirectional carbon fibre construction 20FIVE rim
- Rim width: 19mm internal / 26.5mm external
- Rim depth: 40mm
- Rim ERD: 563mm
- RS4 rear hub features the reduced drag 2 pawl ratchet mechanism
- Stainless steel, sealed cartridge bearings
- Sapim CX-Ray black straight pull spokes and brass nipples
- Spoke count: 24
- 6-bolt disc brake compatible only
- 11-speed Shimano and Campagnolo freehub body options
- Rim weight: 429 grams
- Wheel weight: 841 grams
- Includes: 135mm QR and 142x12mm conversion kits