Kinesis G2 Apex Adventure Road Bike 2019
Tough, robust, and above all else, endlessly versatile - the Kinesis G2 Adventure Road Bike is designed to take on everything the ride may throw at it. Specced out with a hard-wearing aluminium frame, a bombproof SRAM Apex groupset as well as hydraulic disc brakes for stopping power in all weathers, this is a bike you can rely on to perform on all terrain and in all conditions.
If you're heading out for an adventure off the beaten track, then you need a bike that you can depend on under any circumstances. The G2 frameset is constructed from a double-butted 6061 aluminium - a high-grade alloy that is strong enough for any adventure. The frame features mounts for taking rear racks, so you can load up the bike for touring trips, or otherwise fit mudguards and convert the G2 into a fully-fledged winter bike.
SRAM's Apex groupset, meanwhile, is a versatile option that lends the bike some serious off-road functionality. The 1x chainring setup eliminates the need for a front derailleur. This helps to keep the drivetrain clean and uncluttered, working smoothly even when tackling seriously muddy terrain. It's also one less component to service and ones less moving part to worry about, helping to keep the bike reliably functional for those days you can't afford a mechanical. The frame also features clearance for up to a 40mm tyre, lending the bike some serious off-road capability.
Kinesis have designed the G2 using what they call a Rider Fit Design process, meaning that all sizes of the bike benefit from tailored geometries to ensure the same comfortable ride and pacey road characteristics across the range.
Elsewhere, Kinesis have fitted the bike with SRAM Apex hydraulic disc brakes, ensuring powerful and controlled stopping power no matter the conditions. Tough, functional and endlessly versatile, the G2 is ready for whatever adventure you want to take on.
- Robust aluminium frame will keep you riding mile after mile
- With clearance for tyres up to 40mm wide, you can rely on this bike over any terrain
- Mounts for racks and mudguards make this bike a capable winter trainer or commuter as well as a gravel bike
- SRAM Apex groupset delivers functionality with the solid stopping power of hydraulic disc brakes
Note: Image shown for representation of colour way only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Kinesis G2 double-butted alloy 6061
- FORK: Kinesis 700c carbon fork, carbon tapered steer oval blades, flat disc mount, 12mm x 100mm Thru-Axle
- HEADSET: FSA No. 42 Integrated Road, 1 1/2" Lower and 1 1/8" upper sealed cartridge bearings
- STEM: Black Alloy 6061, 7°
- HANDLEBAR: Black alloy 6061
- BAR TAPE: Black cork bar tape
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Apex 1 Hydraulic, 160mm Rotors
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Apex 1 Hydraulic, 160mm Rotors
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM Apex 1, long-cage
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM Apex 1
- CASSETTE: SRAM PG-1130 PowerGlide 11-42
- CHAIN: SRAM PC1110 with PowerLock
- CRANKSET: SRAM Apex 1 XSYNC 40t
- BOTTOM BRACKET: SRAM BB GXP
- PEDALS: N/A
- FRONT WHEEL: Alloy, sealed cartridge bearing hub, centre-lock, 12mm x 100mm Thru-Axle, Alex Rims GD26, tubeless compatible
- REAR WHEEL: Alloy, sealed cartridge bearing hub, centre-lock, 12mm x 142mm Thru-Axle, Alex Rims GD26, tubeless compatible
- FRONT TYRE: Schwalbe G-ONE Allround 40-622 (700x38C), TL-Easy tubeless system HS473
- REAR TYRE: Schwalbe G-ONE Allround 40-622 (700x38C), TL-Easy tubeless system HS473
- SADDLE: Selle Italia X3 Black
- SEATPOST: Black alloy 6061, 27.2mm, 350mm, 5mm offset
PRODUCT REF: 899206
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more